I planned on having a morning jam packed with meetings (8-12) then another from 1-3... and coming home to... well no plans, so probably nothing.
Instead...
8-10:00 Andrea, Ryann and I did work on some Testing stuff for CBeds- but the majority of an hour was spent on "girl talk"...even Andrea who hates getting up early said "I'd come in any time to meet with you two!"
Then my 10:00 conference call ran short! Hooray- and Andrea came back to the office with me... and straight through til lunch because my 11:00 with Paul was cancelled :)
We went to Whole Foods for lunch! mmm greek salad. And a beautiful perfect summer day to walk around in... Not a cloud in the sky, low humidity. One of the few perfect ones.
My 1:00 ran for about 40 minutes... after which time Ryann, Ben and I proceeded to talk for about an hour! It was just a great day for chatting and catching up and learning more about the people I work with. Its so wonderful to have time for stuff like that. It makes working with people so much easier when you really connect with them.
After that meeting, Andrea came back to my office... Dan called to say he was going on the Boat with Shawn-- and we decided to have some fun! We went to Harvard Square.... I got to relive my days when I could walk around town every night after work ( oh how I miss the North End sometimes)....... then we went to the Border Cafe for margaritas and blackened chicken fajitas.... two of my favorite things. Ohhhh and we stopped in at Beadworks and picked out beads to make beautiful jewelry!!! Fun new craft stuff!!!
We also found a cutie new boutique in Harvard Square where the candy store used to be... I love little boutiques... the random collection of cute clothes, the rare chance that something you like will actually be available in your size, the adorable accessories (belts, headbands, jewelry, bags!!) and the atmosphere that just shouts "have fun here" to me! I love it. Boutiques make me smile :)
After my T ride home, I put the down down on the convertible and decided I wasn't going home when I could continue enjoying the beautiful day. I cruised to Marshfield singing my head off, hair blowing in the wind. Got some cute storage bins and a wooden sign that say SMILE at Christmas tree shop (can't wait to alter that).
Of course I didn't get any of the housewarming presents I went there to buy... Gotta love that.So its been a great start to the week! Hoping its a sign of more good things to come :)
No comments:
Post a Comment