August 24th. A cool Thursday morning for August. Almost thought about wearing a jacket, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Not just yet.
So yeah, I've been a bad blogger, not writing since NH! Almost the whole month. But I got back from NH and landed a pretty nasty cold which hung around for the better part of a few weeks! Ick. Finally have been able to free my purse from both clean and dirty tissues that were weighing me down!
Work has been insane too. Testing the CBeds application that was finally delivered to us. I was on my own, leading training for 1 week while Ryann was away. Very empowering experience, and consensus is that I did extremely well with it, so that's gratifying. But man was it a tough week. I think I worked more than 24 hours in just the first two days.... and I was dreaming in HL7 language! I've never been so glad to see Ryann's face as I was that next Monday morning. However- we've made some major progress and things are finally falling into place and we're all looking ahead towards the November roll-out which will be here before we know it!
So as summer is winding down, I've had all these thoughts running through my head... so here goes.
.... I forgot how much I look forward to seeing all of my fall/winter clothes again. I don't like them (as a whole) near as much as my summer clothes. But I'm always craving the New and my summer stuff is feeling Old after 4 months. Bring on the turtlenecks and high boots and courderoy! And scarves! And flannel pjs! mmmmm
--- I'm craving soup!
.... World Series is coming up. Hoping and praying that our 5 straight losses to the Yankees haven't completely slit our throats. I'd like to enjoy baseball for a bit longer this year
--- I'm going to miss being able to put the top down
.... I love seeing the back to school supplies in the aisles of every store. The binders and staplers and notebooks and pens... these have always been my favorite things. I love looking at them and thinking about the kids who are lucky enough to be needing them as ammo for the school year ahead.
--- Ok, its a little far off, but Christmas is coming! I love it, I crave it. And its closer now than earlier this summer... so its something to look forward to.
No comments:
Post a Comment