Monday, October 09, 2006

Brain Dump

So much has happened over the past couple months that I can barely get my mind around all of it... so here's one big brain dump... hopefully I can add in some pictures to share the story.........

Work

I am not cut out for working 50+ hour weeks. I'm just not. The going in early, staying late, never stopping for lunch, worrying about what else needs to get done. Not sure how people thrive on that. I enjoy being busy, and I love my job- but I don't think I could do it all day every day and love it.....

"All CBeds all the time" is becoming more true by the day. We're getting down to the wire- testing is almost over, we have a million last minute configuration items to push for, the Premise conference coming up (at which George, Ben and I are presenting on a topic yet to be decided), training is difficult to plan because we barely have enough resources & we haven't fully configurated the system, and people just seem to be dropping balls left and right. Its a LOT. I love it... still I love it. I live for my weekends and knowing that for 48 hours my time is all mine.... and then I do look forward to Monday.

I look forward to my routine-- getting coffee to wake me from the sleepiness that fills my whole body (that has kept me in bed far past the first 5:30 alarm).... Reading my emails in the morning - seeing what fires need to be put out-- and then switching over to Ali Edwards' blog or Lifetime Moments (sb website) in an attempt to put those problems aside for just a few more minutes. Then I remember that I need to get back to work and I'm sucked in... meeting after meeting, prepping, copying, shooting off emails and hoping to keep up. For about a week or so I haven't been able to leave before 5:30.... but I love reading my book on the train on the way home (when I can get a seat--- how many people DO ride the train every day!?! grrr)

Looking forward to----
  • Premise User Conference next Monday 10/15 in Hartford. 3 days there.. taking things in, getting exposure, presenting (and hopefully not freaking out)
  • Go Live in November. The chaos, the excitement. Seeing it go live on the unit and seeing how well all of planning works out. Good, bad or just crazy- I'd like to see it all with my own eyes

Jessica's Wedding

So Much Fun! That says it all in a nutshell... but then of course there is so much more. I went there on Wednesday night and it was so much work. Programs, pumpkins, gift bags for the hotel guest, rehearsal dinner t-shirts, running millions of errands.... but even through it all, we had a blast talking and stopping for a bite to eat when we could-- and watching Gilmore Girls at home while doing the craft projects :)

The wedding itself was beautiful. The priest was kind and funny... after Jessica and Joel did their vows and there was a song being sung-- he asked: "Feel any different?" It was cute.

The reception was wonderful. The place looked gorgeous!!! A vision of fall brought indoors and very classy. The food was great. It was wonderful seeing all of the familiar faces from college. We had a blast dancing- the band was great.

Jessica and Joel had a blast, you could tell. They danced every song, and by the end of the night Jessica was more than a little tipsy- but so cute. And so happy.

Looking forward to:
  • Seeing all the photos from the photographer. She gets them digitally and I get to use them to make her scrapbook!
  • Talking to Jessica when she gets back from her honeymoon. Hearing all about St. Lucia.... Reliving the whole wedding. Pure Girl Talk!

Love

I am so in love I can hardly believe it. Not something I normally write about, but I feel like if I don't write anything I might just explode.

Dan is so sweet and wonderful to me. Throughout all of what we went through with Jeff, he was so supportive... cleaning the apartment, doing dozens of loads of laundry, reminding me that coming home to him wasn't as important as doing what I needed to do for Jeff. He offered Jeff his Playstation for when he got home-- and even rode over there one day to drop off video games.

One night I woke up when Dan did, confused (as I had been a lot between sleeping at home and at the hospital), and said out of impulse (as I did when looking after Jeff at night)-- "Do you need anything?" and Dan (probably not knowing that I really didn't mean that for him) simply said "no..." and laid back down. Then a split second later he said "Actually I do" and leaned over and gave me a big kiss before lying back down.

And yesterday was one of the best days I've had in a long time. I got back from NY around 3:00. We laid together and watched the Taladega race.... We cuddled and laughed. We teased eachother all day long, and tickled eachother. Neither one of us wanted to move... we ordered Chinese food to be delivered. Watched the recorded episode of the Office from last Thursday. Then we cuddled in bed, watched the end of Cast Away.... more cuddling, more teasing and tickling- and one great back massage.

I don't know where everything stands but I do know that I love him. That I am so happy.

Looking forward to:
  • Vacation. Punta Cana in February after I finish the Cbeds project. 7 days of sun and relaxation.
  • Fall and winter. More time to cuddle, curl up on the couch with football or a movie or a book. Learning more about him, about us, loving him. Being loved.

No comments: