Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Getting Excited for LM

A little more than a week from now (next Thursday) I will be on my way to Wixom, Michigan for the LM Crop of a Lifetime 2007! There aren't words for how excited I am to be going to this. Christine and I (who hadn't met at the time) decided in February that we wanted to go and were lucky enough to sign up in time to get a seat (we've since met at Christine's house in Philadelphia this July and now I'm even happier that we planned this so I can see her again so soon).

So what does this weekend have in store for me?
Let's do a little sneak preview:

Thursday I'll fly into Detroit (never been to Michigan before. Check one more state off my to-go-to list!). Christine and her friend Mary will pick me up and we'll go to dinner and then to LM Headquarters- aka the Mecca of scrapbooking- to buy some goodies and have some dessert at the reception Jackie is hosting for all of us "croppers." From there, we'll head to the hotel to check in, and I'm sure the silliness will ensue!!

Friday, Saturday and Sunday we are free to crop anytime day or night in the conference room they'll have set up for us.
<--- This is the sneak preview Carol posted for us newbies to get an idea of what we're in for! All these scrap supplies in one room. Pretty cool.
I started packing last night... getting together papers, embellishment and tools I know I'll need. Order pictures today.
My one problem is that I keep thinking of new ideas/projects to bring. This idea from Ali Edwards has me totally inspired today!
I am going to pick up supplies at the Crop Shop tonight and bring the cards with me to the Crop (at least the cards are small.... I'm already taking all the paper I can fit, so I won't be adding too much more to my bag).
Needless to say I'm ridiculously excited. I can't wait to see Christine. I can wait to meet Susan, my Secret Sister (who knows who I am now). I can't wait to have three whole days of zero responsibility. Three days where my only goal is to be creative and have fun! Life is good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This really warrants my first comment. I think everyone should start thinking now.....

What will the name of Jen's scrap booking business be?