The URGE! To create. To be creative. To try out new ideas. To roll up my sleeves, put on clothes that won't be any worse for the wear if they get some paint on them (a little extra color never hurt right?).
Friday at work, I saw Ali Edwards new idea for an Advent Calendar out of little chipboard boxes. My mind was racing all through the day on Friday, colors, how to put on the wall, who I could give this to, what stores would have what I was looking for. Couple that with the fact that LM got the new Scenic Routes Christmas line in on Friday and I was like a kid in the proverbial candy store. Giddy, and more than just a sugar high.
So after an amazingly productive day at work (shocking I know, given the circumstances), I headed out and made the grand tour of the South Shore's craft and gift stores. I started a Christmas Tree Shop, looking for a cool picture frame. Nothing great was in store for me there- at least not in that department. I went to Michael's and AC Moore from there, and scored a motherload of goodies between the three stores.
Based on my finds- here's a sneak preview of the projects I'm looking to tackle.
Advent Calendar a la Ali (and Martha Stewart):
-->I found a frame, not sure if I'll keep it, but I needed a basic size to work with. I have a bunch of cute new paints and glitter. I also bought some cool wooden ornaments to paint and perhaps use instead of some of the boxes to add some more dimension and interest.
Ornament picture frames:
--> these I found at Christmas Tree shop for $1.29. They're small and I'll likely use them as present toppers, but I figured between pictures and perhaps cute Christmas saying they'll be a fun little treat.
Starbucks Advent Calendars:
I made them last year for Aunt Milly and Grandmother and everyone seemed to 'ooh' and 'ahh' so I bought two more (which will probably be happily adorned by Scenic Route's latest works of art :) I think their recepients will be very happy with them (I also have the one I bought for me last year, which I'm looking forward to using too-- especially since I have some new favorite paper to work with).
So this urge, this mo-jo... its still here, lingering. After I got home last night Danny and I headed to Shawn and Ellen's for our weekly get together/Texas Hold 'Em game. (I'm finally getting better. It came down to Wilson and I at one point and I held him off for a very long time--- he finally won... but who's counting?) And today is Bubba's Anniversary Mass, and party to follow at Mom's. Which means I'm keeping the mojo at bay and hoping to scrap the day away tomorrow (while doing about 35 loads of laundry) :)
Let's do some other random tid-bits:
- My raise/promotion should be processed very soon at work (fingers still crossed on that front) -Dan finally has the paperwork to process his loan (buh-bye Michael)
-Uncle Ray was in the hospital this week-- Ray, Amy and the kids are coming home this weekend to see him.
-We booked our trip to Daytona this summer. July 2-7th (Wed-Monday) for a Litchfield family Reunion and the July Daytona race!! :)
-We booked our January trip! This year we're going to Iberostar Tuncan in Playa del Carmen, Mexico with John, Nancy, Dan and Sheri (hoping to actually spend some good quality, vacation time with Nancy this year after year's stomach bug fiasco)
-Kara started a new job at MGH working as Eileen Flaherty's staff assistant. I'm so excited for her. I've only seen her twice since she started but we're having lunch on Monday! Waveney's been orienting her and really helping a lot, Eileen tells me!
-I went over to talk to Melissa and hang out with she and Jeff, for the first time since I found out she was pregnant.
-I'm teaching my first class at the crop shop next month! woo hoo!!
No comments:
Post a Comment