
Saturday 12/6
I spent Saturday afternoon with my buddy Willy. Still getting over a cold, he was extra huggable and cuddly which I love. We played with toys, but mostly we read books. There was a word book in the basket by his crib that he picked out and he had me read that at least 6 times. Saying some of the words he knew and just listening intently to the rest.

After his nap he had some oatmeal, fruit and yogurt for lunch. I tried to share the apple I'd brought as a snack but as is typical lately he just sucked out some of the juice and spit out the rest! {as much as I love the honeycrisp, it might be a little too tart for him- or maybe he just realizes that it looks really funny when he spits out the apple chunks}

Some more playing. More reading. This book is one I got him last Christmas. Its full of vehicles. Cars, trucks, boats, tractors ("tac-tor! tac-tor!"), fire engines… you name it. Its in there. Lots of fun! And even more fun snuggling up to read it together.
Then it was time to roll around.
I swear he did this for at least a half hour.
Roll over.
Smile.
Ham it up for the camera.
Roll over.
Repeat.
Then his attempts at tumbling
only half way there at this point

I did a little laundry to help out Kris, since it was already started. Willy and I threw his clean socks back and forth to keep him entertained while I folded.
And then his found his dinosaur hat.
I put it on him, and surprisingly he kept it on
for probably 45 minutes.
picture #1
Willy motions for "can I go upstairs auntie jen?"
picture #2
my response [in case you couldn't guess] "nope. sorry kiddo. no stairs"
poor guy was tired at this point. clearly!
he got over it in 2 seconds flat. but man that face is priceless!
on his rocking chair.
big boy that he is- getting on and off by himself (and then doing it over and over again to show off)
we had NO idea what he was doing here.
but per usual
its the cutest!
favorite story of the evening though- for which, sadly, there is no picture.
matt and i were eating pizza. willy was eating pasta with sauce which of course was all over his face. krissy walked in the door after work, and then willy wanted nothing to do with his dinner anymore. she gave him a kiss and then said he needed to hold on. he wasn't coming out of the high chair until he was cleaned off. "You're covered in sauce," she said "We need to clean you up! Do you want to have a sauce face for the rest of your life?" and one nanosecond later, without missing a beat, Willy says plainly "No." It was hysterical... you probably needed to be there... but it was just as if she understood exactly what she was saying.








No comments:
Post a Comment