Aila Grace was born today!!
8 pounds 12 ounces
19 inches long
3:36pm
Krissy called me around noon to say that they were heading to the hospital. Her contractions started in the morning but were 6-7 minutes apart... but then before she knew it, they were 2 minutes apart and they were scrambling to get to the hospital.
She called to let me know that the baby was coming- but also that she'd forgotten the camera. She wanted to know if I had mine with me. Of course I had brought my camera this morning- but I left it in my car thinking the baby wouldn't possibly coming today. Figures!
I called Mom to see if she had hers with her. If anyone besides me would, it's her. But she didn't However, she had a camera at work she could borrow and bring to them. She called Matt and he said that he'd call her when he was able to come down and get the camera.
As it turns out- he couldn't get away... the baby was coming quickly. So Mom picked me up from the train and we drove over there, camera in hand, hoping to make it in time.
I raced into the lobby and asked for them. Told them I didn't need to visit, but I had to give them the camera. They said they'd send someone down.... so I waited for a few-- and in walks Matt! I was shocked. I was expecting a nurse or a housekeeper.
He was glowing and in shock.
"She's HERE!" he shrieked!
"SHE?!" I asked
"Aila Grace! She's here already!"
We hugged and he held on tight. Shaking. Crying a little {which is more than ok and super manly if you've just witnessed your baby's first few minutes of life}. So so so happy.
He told me how big she was... Said that the cord was wrapped around her neck for a little bit but that she was ok. She got pink right away :) All was well with Krissy too :)
I hear she's got some red hair too! I can't wait to see!!
I ran around and bought all the organic pink cotton frilly clothes I could find! Buying pink is a lot more fun when you weren't sure if you were going to get to buy pink or blue. As much as I wished they'd found out the gender, I must say it was kinda fun not knowing for sure (though I will remind people like Dan who thought it was a little boy) that I knew from the beginning my Godchild was going to be a girl!
I can't wait to meet her tomorrow!


2 comments:
She will look so nice and adorable in those clothes....
Well I have to admit I thought it was a boy too! So glad she is a pretty little girl! We are very happy for them. Send our love!
The Stenbeck's
Post a Comment