Last night I got to meet Aila!!
And for those of you who weren't able to be there,
here's a sneak preview of the beautifully perfect, beautifully pink little girl
that I got to snuggle up to for a little while.

According to her Mama she was a perfect angel all day... except for a simultaneous pooping, peeing and spitting up incident that gave Kris a run for her money for a few minutes.
Mostly she ate, and slept... that's tough enough for a newborn.
Can't you tell?
I think this is when she was hungry. She really didn't cry for the 3+ hours I was there.
She looks so much like Willy its uncanny. I'm not sure how much it comes across in the photos, but if you put me in a time warp and I didn't know where I was or when... I could have sworn I was holding Willy as a newborn. Aila has a very similar mouth and she even moves it very much like he does... its amazing! and she's got her brother's eyes too.

though instead of willy's dark hair, she has a light blonde/red mixture
She looks so much like Willy its uncanny. I'm not sure how much it comes across in the photos, but if you put me in a time warp and I didn't know where I was or when... I could have sworn I was holding Willy as a newborn. Aila has a very similar mouth and she even moves it very much like he does... its amazing! and she's got her brother's eyes too.
though instead of willy's dark hair, she has a light blonde/red mixture
its gorgeous
will be interesting to see if that changes or not

her tiny toes just kill me
sooo sooo pink
and perfect

ankles so small her ID bracelet was falling off
she's got her mom's long thin legs
you'd expect an almost 9 lb baby to be a roly-poly bundle of joy...
well aila's got the joy thing down
but she's not chubby
she's long and thin
except for those cute cheeks

And here's her proud Mama! Looking gorgeous as ever!


And her Daddy. Who just can't get enough.
How sweet is this?



Of course the absolute sweetest part of the day was seeing Willy with his new baby sister.
He met her for the first time on Monday, just a few hours after she was born and I'm told he was already smitten with her then!
Matt, Terri and Will arrived about an hour after I did yesterday and the first thing Willy wanted to do, after giving his Mama a kiss- was to hold the baby.
"Baeby! Baeby!" he'd say, and put his arms out ready to cradle her.
the first of millions more from her big brother
{this girl has nothing to worry about. i'm pretty sure willy's already got her back.mess with aila and you're messing with willy}
look how proud he is!
already a pro at this! {with a little help from Nanny}
a little play time for will, hiding under matt's hat
"where's willy?"
apparently i'm not the only one who thinks Aila's little piggies are just the cutestmy Mom was holding Aila when Willy sat next to them, unwraps her blanket to see her piggies
and then this:

he was such a good boy at the hospital.getting some presents from Auntie Diane and Auntie Jen helped
but he especially liked his Tonka Toys- a present from Aila





3 comments:
Such a beautiful family!!!!I am sure there will be many more great photos to come. We love the updates!
So cute pictures on "your" new daughter, of course she is cute, why wouldn't she realted to you it can't be nothing but cute....
Love you my friend and I love seeing so many pictures....I think I wanna show more pictures cause it's fun to see...well there are new pictures of Izabellle at her birtday on my swe blog www.jozebelle.se unfortunetely it's in swedish but the pic are not in swedish *blink* it wll be in every language...I have new pic in the other blogg too...
Hugs Ann-Marie
Kathy from Florida -
Love the pics. Great to see the family!
Post a Comment