Tuesday, April 07, 2009

More literary rambles....

so I've mentioned my new found obsession with the library, right?
well now I've got dan on board too.
the first few times I headed out to the library I got a nice, whitty jab about being bookish or nerdy or whatever he could come up with on the fly…

all in good fun of course…
but now it’s a different story.

last night I dropped off my books and came home with only one new item.
and it was for him!
not so funny anymore is it?

and since i'm always curious to see what others are reading
i figured i'd post a list of what we're borrowing each month.
its amazing how much you can save by taking advantage of the library.

and another perk i realized this morning is that if you're not all that interested in the book
you can skim it, or simply return it without feeling guilty.
while i am enjoying The Simple Living Guide right now, i don't feel like i have to read every single section in order to 'get my money's worth.'

similarly with the audiobooks. the first one i downloaded was The Almost Moon by Alice Seabold.. now while it might be an interesting story to read, hearing the details of how this lady euthanized her mother, with flashbacks to her horrible childhood was not exactly motivating when i was trying to get through the third mile on the elliptical at the end of the long day. I gave it a few tries, and then I said "forget it!" I'm deleting that one, and that's ok :)

so this is what we're reading, or in Dan's case- listening to. if you have any book recommendations let me know!



1 comment:

Jozebelle said...

Oh we should have V.I.P card to the library here and in another village because we have always read book for the girls since they were 2-3 years (J was 2 and I 3) when we started so they have read a lot.. In the beginning used to borrow around 30 books at the time and they chosed one each so after a couple of weeks we were borrow some more...now it's easy chapter books so we "only" have 10 I think, We do take some easier to sometimes...We borrow boos so they can listen to when they will sleep too so I think they have a good experiences of library...I haven't got a clue how much w have saved but it is alot that's for sure...
I borrow to sometimes but i have books herer at home to read too so...

Hugs Ann-Marie