Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Photo Finish- catching up


Playing Catch up-- on blogging my walking AND actually doing it.
I was walking gingerly after surgery- think I did a few short walks before the week of 6/13 and it was tough getting back into it. But looking at this week, I think I can safely say its all systems go again!!

Fundraising Update

I am officially able to participate in this walk. We're required to raise $2,300 just to walk and I'm now at $2,575.00!!! Thank you ALL for your donations. I am so excited about the energy and good will I've been privy to along this journey!

Gear
I also splurged on a new pedometer this week, and a hydration backpack. I know my small waist pack will not be large enough to hold everything I need over the course of the 3Day walk, so as much as I told my friend Christine she was nuts for thinking a backpack would be more comfortable, I'm trying it out. Its a Swiss Army pack that I got at BJs for $20! Figured for that price it was worth a try. I used it yesterday... of course it came without directions and I wasn't very smart about it... ended up spilling water all over the back of the pack while filling so I had a wet back for much of my walk. Oh well. better luck next time! It was fairly comfortable and I'm not feeling any discomfort in my back today. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

No comments: