Miles.
That's how far I walked this weekend.
I kid you not.
18 miles on Saturday.
18 miles on Sunday.
I can't believe that I'd ever willingly do that, half of which on my own.
But I did! It incredibly, it felt great.
Of course its all part of my training for the Breast Cancer 3Day which is creeping closer every day. This past weekend was supposed to be the longest training weekend with 18 miles on the schedule for Saturday and 15 for Sunday (with Megg's help and willingness to walk we ended up doing 9 together, in addition to the 9 I'd already done).
My legs are sore. Still are. Amazingly enough, when I'm walking I'm fine! Its all other activities that are a little touch and go... and getting up after sitting for too long is tricky because I get stiff. But I'd have expected it to be far worse.
In even better news, my feet held out remarkably well. I have (yet again) the start of blisters on the inside of my heels but it never progressed further than that thankfully. I did try out the moleskin on Sunday to try to ward them off- and it worked! Think I'll stick with that just as a precautionary measure.
So I did it! My gear worked well. I think I'm just about ready. Just a few more things on the list (batteries for the air mattress pump, washing my sleeping bag etc).... one of which is a new pair of sneakers. My third pair since May, which admittedly feels excessive... but when I think how many miles I've logged in each pair its added up quickly and my first pair is just not as cushy as it used to be.
So tonight, armed with a coupon tip off from my good friend, co-worker (and 9 mile Saturday walking partner) that Sports Authority had a $25 off $100 coupon and that Asics were on sale! SCORE!!!
I got these- the Nimbus-11 (yes, I AM secretly hoping it will feel like I'm flying on Harry Potter's broomstick instead of walking 60 miles... but alas, I think I'll just have to rely on their extreme cushion) Wish they were pink, but they only had purple and with that price savings I wasn't quibbling over color.

So that's my 3Day update!
I am getting REALLY excited to head to Philly.
To see all my good friends.
To meet some of the girls I haven't met yet.
To make memories that will last a lifetime.
To be part of something far bigger than myself.
To have this adventure!
Looking forward to it!
Thanks for being part of the journey with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment