Wednesday I leave for Philly!!!
I can't believe its come up so quickly
Breast Cancer 3 Day here I come!
So what has it taken to get there?
A lot of training
Walking many many weeknights and weekends.
breaking in my gear
spending way more on sneakers than i ever would have
{but learning that its totally worth it}
A lot of fundraising
Sending emails
Calling people
Reminding people
Selling my cards at a local fair
and at the dancing shows
Mailing in paperwork.
Totally. Worth. It!
A lot of emails
from my team members
excited,
anxious
planning
sharing information
A lot of errands
Lots of last minute stuff.
Travel sized toiletries
{which I usually avoid at all costs,
but space is at a premium}
flashlights
batteries
more and larger ziplocs than
i ever knew existed
A lot of packing
Laundry.
filling the various sized ziplocs
so that when it rains
{yes, when it rains (on friday)
not, if it rains}
even if my bag gets wet, my clothes won't.
and now my bag
which is VERY large.
think hockey bag
is 99% full.
and amazingly enough i can still lift it
which is key
since i'll need to.
so i'm just about ready.
i'm hoping to blog from my phone
or to have mom log in as a guest blogger
to give some updates before i get home on monday!
thanks again everyone for all your support!!
1 comment:
Good Luck! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.
~Jessica
Post a Comment