Sunday, October 18, 2009

Philadelphia Day Five

The Breast Cancer 3 Day (turned 1 Day) is now officially over. I'll do a more thorough recap later, but here is the brief overview:

It was still rainy and cold when we left Christine's house at 5am this morning and when we hit the start line around 7:30am. But the rain started slowing and eventually stopped (amazingly enough!!!) and we walked the rest of the day with a lot of wind and an occasional sprinkle but nothing unmanageable.

The duct tape on my sneakers kept me 100% dry despite some very large puddles and early rain! And my rain gear didn't fail me either.

Our team did great all day! The 3Day Crew was so phenomenal, cheering as we crossed every street and approached each pit stop. And the people who came out to cheer us on were equally great- especially Team Dash's family and friends, lead by my parents who had the best cheering station of them all! They were clapping and shaking their maracas and giving out candy and smiles! It was so perfect. I can't wait to share some pictures!

We all made it to the closing ceremonies except poor Sarah who got sick and had to be taken to the hospital. At this hour I believe it was something viral, as she was not dehydrated, thankfully. But we were very sad that she was not able to be there with us at the end. We were thinking of her the whole time.

And now, its over. It went so quickly!

After a few pints at Fado's and a lot of laughs and retellings of various events, we all parted ways and now I'm back at the hotel and looking forward to a good night's sleep before heading home tomorrow. I've missed you MA (snow and all).

Here's some more news coverage if you're interested:
Coverage on the news & their slideshow & video which shows the start line where we kicked things off this morning.

Thanks again to everyone for your support! I couldn't have done it without your calls, emails, texts, and cards (THANKS for the MAIL I received today! It was the highlight of my day).

I love you all.
Good night from Philly!

No comments: