Saturday, April 03, 2010

Emelyn's 6th birthday party

Saturday April 3, 2010

Megg asked me to come to Emelyn's first ever big-kid birthday party. No little kiddos running around- just a bunch of 6 year olds having a ball doing all things camping related!

Painting bird houses...
Sitting by the campfire...
Reading in the tent...


Making and eating s'mores!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

{oops there was one little kiddo at the party the whole time- aila babe}

Uncle Conor came to sign campfire songs with the kids... Well, really it was Nanny leading the way with the songs, Conor didn't know many of the words... and well neither did we. In fact, Kris and I almost died when she was singing "She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain" and got to the line that says "We will kill the old red rooster when she comes" {CHOP! CHOP!} I kid you not.
Then Megg read them a story while they snuggled up in their sleeping bags. And finally a big round of "Happy Birthday" to Emelyn.
I can't believe she's 6!!Each of the kids took a picture in the kayak, but then we did a group shot. This one cracked me up. I should have known that the "silly" one would work best for this age group! :)

Happy Birthday Emmy! I love you!

No comments: