On Friday night, I picked up Riley for a night of fun to celebrate her turning 2 the day before (I was in my photography class and unable to see how this beautiful girl had grown into a 2 year old overnight). And unfortunately I wasn't able to go to her birthday party scheduled for the next weekend because we'd made plans months before for a weekend down the Cape, so tonight was our special night to celebrate.
I picked up some special treats at the store and then we headed to Grammy & Pepere's house. She put on her birthday hat almost right away- and surprisingly, kept it on most of the night!
Except when she wanted Grammy or Pepere to wear it!
After I got the macaroni and cheese in the oven we went upstairs to read and play in her playroom. We colored for a little bit at her coloring table but then she wanted to read.
We laughed ourselves silly!

Then it was time for dinner and cake. We had macaroni and cheese which Riley chose to mix with her applesauce. Not a pairing you'd see on Giada I'm sure but she thought it was fantastic!

And 2 minutes later she giggled as she said "Sing Happy Birthday Again!"... and so we did! She was delighted! We must have sang Happy Birthday 25 times that night, no exaggeration. She loved it every time!


After a thorough cleaning, it was time to open presents. She loved the dress-up outfits and had to put everything on at the same time!
Next was Mrs. Potato Head- the Red Sox edition. She struggled to get the arms and feet into the holes and found that she liked it better when she put the arm in the hole on the top of Mrs. Potato Head's head! Then she realized what she'd done and thought that was just the funniest thing ever! :) Lots of silliness... which is just what birthdays are for!
All too soon it was time to go. I think it was already 8p and past her bedtime. So we packed up all her goodies. I ducked into the bathroom and Riley grabbed up all her things to meet me by the door. I come out of the bathroom to see this. Silly silly girl! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment