May Round-up
I've seen this on some friends' blogs and always mean to do it. It’s a succinct way to wrap-up the month. Share highlights that may not have made a post of their own… and yet I haven't ever done it… well, what better month to start!
1. What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Books: A Change of Heart & Nineteen Minutes, both by Jodi Picoult. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown [All Audiobooks]
Magazines: Real Simple (a few different editions brought in by my friend Kim from her local library). Body & Soul. Better Homes & Gardens
2. What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month?
Our normal weekly viewing generally includes: How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory (this is a new one. Dan didn't think I get the geek humor quite so much but I do enjoy it), Modern Family, Marriage Ref, Gray's Anatomy (me. not him. though he knows the characters and bits of their past. he chalks it up to osmosis… I often wonder). Weekend Nascar race.
I finally watched Food Inc (thanks to a free showing on PBS which I DVRed)- amazing movie; not much was new information to me since I've done a lot of reading but it was very well done.
The Hangover- it was finally released to cable. Dan was so excited. The beginning was slow, then it picked up a little, then I fell asleep. Not sure why all the hype; neither of us were thrilled really.
Up in the Air- another Library DVD free rental. Good movie- not "Oh my God, need to see it again great."
3. What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends? -
May 1st- We started off the month with Aila's first birthday party. A wonderful celebration for this little girl's first full trip around the sun. A sunny day, live music, lots of laughs, kids running everywhere, delicious cake and homemade ice cream. Everything a birthday party should be.
May 7th- My first Red Sox game of the season with Mom, Dad and Dan. It was the most perfect spring/summerlike night at Fenway I've ever experienced and even though the Sox played horribly.
May 9th- Mother's Day. We had a lovely low-key dinner at our house with Mom, Dad and Grammy. Jeff, Melissa and the kids came over for dessert, and Riley stole the show as usual saying "Happy Mutha's Day" to everyone- and making sure that included Pepere! Garret showed off his big smile! He's soo handsome with those chubby cheeks.
May 15th- We celebrated Aunt Nancy's visit from Florida with a pot-luck dinner at Larry & Leslie's. We had the whole crew- The Stenbecks and their boys; Uncle Charlie & Anna May; Uncle Thad; Aunt Lillian (Uncle Ray was home after being recently discharged from the hospital); Chris, Becky; Ray, Amy, Ben & Bella; Gen, John & Lilly, Kris, Matt, Willy & Aila; Fred & his daughter; Dan and me. We had dinner and dessert. The kids chased Bauer around the backyard until the poor pup was completely wiped! We all played Right, Left Center, which is always a blast! And for once, Brad didn't win! The funniest part of the night, however, might have been realizing that Uncle Thad drove back to the North Shore with Aunt Nancy's suitcase still in his trunk!!
May 22nd- My big Trivia Night Fundraiser! It was such a great way to spend our anniversary and Matt's 35th Birthday! All my favorite people were there to share in the fun!
May 29th- Chris Wilson's annual Memorial Day party! So much fun- even if it rained on and off. Lots of silliness as usual. The band was great. Dan and Carter even did a guest spot to sing "Creep" with the band!! Very very funny!
4. What gifts did I give and/or receive? - Even though Aila's birthday is April 27th, she received her gifts on May 1st, the day of her party. Uncle Dan and I bought her a Raggedy Ann doll and a couple books to go with her. A book called We Planted A Tree. And of course some clothes- beachwear for our trip to Florida and a 4th of July outfit.
5. What special or unusual purchases did I make? - Tickets to see Chelsea Handler this summer with Sheri!
6. What illnesses or health concerns did I have? - My back and shoulders are an absolute disaster. Nothing new per say... but its getting worse because I haven't been doing my stretches and PT.
7. What were my accomplishments this month? - Raising $1600 and surpassing the minimum fundraising goal for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure!!
8. What were my disappointments this month? - Photography class was wonderful, but unfortunately my semester is through! And the summer will likely be too busy to make it possible for me to go back to classes right away.
9. How did I do on my goals for the month? (See 2010 Goals) -
I went and took a knitting class even if it was just a drop-in class. I learned better how to finish my knitting pieces which felt great. And I met the ladies at The Creative Stitch in Hingham who are great resources :)
I've also blogged a LOT more than usual this month :)
I raised my 3Day money EARLY! Check!
10. Anything else noteworthy to include? - Thinking about my Aunt Rachel who had a stroke recently, and Dan's Aunt Helen Ann who had knee surgery with some complications to follow. Wishing them both a speedy recovery. Love you!
I'm so grateful for the beautiful weather we've been having, and even more grateful to be able to enjoy it where we live. The deer visit the backyard constantly and even let me walk around (out to the compost bin and back) without even flinching. The birds chirp and make beautiful music all day. We're tucked away in our own little world, and yet close enough to the ocean that Mom, Dad and I could ride our bikes there and back without killing ourselves :) I'm feeling pretty good about this past month and looking forward to summer really beginning!
No comments:
Post a Comment