I was a week off...
Just last Saturday I was saying to Dan, "I wonder if the daisies will come back this year. I thought it was this time last year that they were blanketing the backyard." And yet there was nothing...
Daisies are my favorite flower and I love that they grow wildly through our backyard. No effort. Its nothing I can screw up-- because I can kill almost any plant.
Then this week I saw one lone daisy popping through... and by today we have dozens!! I was one week off!
Here's a peek at one.

A lot of the others had buggies on them which doesn't make for a nice shot.
So instead I'll post the photos I took last year and likely didn't take the time to post.

Kathleen Kelly: I love daisies.
Joe Fox: You told me.
Kathleen Kelly: They're so friendly. Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?
// Quote from "You've Got Mail" // My favorite movie!


Sigh. This is one of my favorites.
These last two really show you the duality that is our yard.
First, the beautiful fawns eating from our lawn. Spotted baby deer in the canvas of our lawn spotted with daisies. So gorgeous and natural.

Then move about 30 yards towards the woods, and there was an old piece of shop equipment [what it was, I do not know] rusted and old with the pretty daisies sprouting up in front. I love the contrast.

I love our yard! All the time there is something new to look forward to and admire. Such beauty right in my own backyard- literally.
1 comment:
Jen, daisies are my favorite flowers too! They were my wedding flowers. It was kind of difficult to find a florist willing to do the flowers in daisies. They all wanted to add white roses to class it up, I guess, but I found someone who would do what I wanted and we hired her.
Post a Comment