Saturday, May 22, 2010

19 Days Until I Turn 30

A few things about Dan. Where is he is, how our lives fit together on this, 19 days before I turn 30 and exactly 6 years from the day we first got together. I can't even believe how time has flown. I never expected that Dan and I would have any connection but I gave it a chance-- I was nearly convinced after the first date when we walked the 4 flights up to my North End apartment after dinner only to reach the door and decide we should go out for coffee and avoid the ending of that first date.... We have been through a lot in 6 years- personally, with work and family and life in general and I can't imagine having to do the hard stuff without him and I can't imagine really enjoying the really great stuff without him there to share it.

Dan...
  • shares his headphones with me even though I manage to yank the ear bud out of his ear at least twice in a very short sitting
  • music really speaks to his soul. I love watching him play guitar.
  • can be independent to a fault
  • loves my long hair
  • hates vera bradley and my obsession with it
  • can always finish the Friends line that I'm quoting
  • is still confounded by my lack of musical knowledge (and taste)
  • appreciates my photography
  • never cleans the floors or the bathroom, but always cleans the shower for me
  • wears his slippers to parties with me and doesn't feel like a dork
  • almost never uses the greeting "hello" when answering my phone call. I love guessing what sarcastic tid-bit I'll hear this time
  • finally knows how to text
  • is a jack of all trades
  • always tucks me into bed if i ask
  • knows if i randomly come over to him, even if his eyes are closed, to give me a kiss
  • has a dishwasher system that i inevitably screw up ;)
  • always kisses me goodbye before he leaves for work
  • makes the best breakfast
  • is the world's fastest grocery shopper
  • made me "endure" listening to Howard Stern, anticipating (correctly) that I'd love it if I could just get that hook
  • will say "no" to almost anything and then proceed to do just the opposite
  • has a wardrobe that consists solely of Patriots, Lazy Frog, Indian Motorcycle and Jimmy Buffett/Bob Marley apparel
  • dances with me in the kitchen
  • is a great dj and trivia host!
I love you hunny!
Happy 6th Anniversary! :)


No comments: