Tuesday, May 18, 2010

23 Days Until I Turn 30

A little questionnaire.

What is the best dish you can cook?
This is a toss-up. Usually my risotto is a hit. I really enjoy my vegetarian chili though the carnivores in my life always think its lacking...

Do you have any scars?
I have a small scar on the top of my right middle-finger where I almost chopped the whole thing clear off in a mandoline accent, making asian pasta salad for shawn and ellen's memorial day party somewhere around 2007. That stupid cut bled so badly that my mom had to come over and use steri-strips to finally close it up. OUCH!

I have another small scar on my left thumb that I got in college. I was volunteering (for extra credit or something), moving some of the History Department's old artifacts to their new home in the new library... About 20 minutes into the job, I cut a corner too close (nothing new as my depth perception is horrible and I run into things constantly)... and my thumb which was under the box slid under the metal that held up a shelf and it just kept bleeding and bleeding. Finally the teacher sent me to the nurse and told me to go home. I got out of that extra credit really easily- and still got the credit for showing up :)

Can you fake any accents?
Not well! I could take a stab at British or maybe Jamaican but I wouldn't likely fool anyone.

Do you have a workout routine?
It changes all the time. I used to do a few days a week at the gym with my friend Kim. We'd do bis and tris one day, chest and back another, and the legs (always on Friday)... with some cardio and abs sprinkled in. But that gets all out of whack when training for the 3 day. these days its more like this: Monday- walk. Wednesday- walk then 1 hour zumba. Thursday-walk to photography class if its nice out. Friday, Saturday, Sunday- HOPE i have time to walk!


Have you ever been mentioned in the newspaper?
Yes. For honor roll and National Honor's Society and stuff like that back in High School. Dan's Aunt Lillian said my name was in the paper recently for something at MGH but I have no idea what it was in reference to... and I think my mom has said my name's been in the paper for a Partners In Excellence award I received here... no front page stories that's for sure.

What's your favorite animal?
Giraffes. They are so beautiful and graceful. I just love them.

What is your middle name?
Marie

What is your favorite seat on a bus?
I usually like to sit up front. Same with classrooms and meetings.

Do you own a digital camera?
Two of them :)

What do you have in your pockets?
This is random but interesting I suppose. In the jacket of the leather jacket I am wearing today is a post-it note that's been in there for a few years now (i thiink), that I had doodled "hello" on during a meeting or seminar... I know its there but I never manage to throw it away (mostly on purpose.

Ever been arrested?
Nope.

What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Build. Eyes. then Hair.

Most hated chore on the household chore list?
Mopping. It kills my back and takes longer than I like to spend on any one task.

Which bad habits drive you crazy?
Chewing with the mouth open!!! It makes me mental. I can't even describe how far it gets under my skin.

Name one thing you consider yourself to be good at.
Photography.

Name one thing you totally suck at.
Keeping my craft supplies in any kind of order. Even if things have a reasonable "home" I usually scrap or do whatever other crafty activity until my mental capacity (and usually physical capacity) are sapped... which lives no time for cleaning up. Things end up in a heap. It makes me mental... but I do it to myself.

Ever been in the mile high club?
No.

Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances?
Knowingly cause harm to someone.

Do you like children?
Yes! My nieces and nephews mean the world to me. I'm still not convinced I'd want to have one of my own, but I do enjoy their company in limited segments of time.

How much time do you spend on - Facebook, Twitter or Youtube?
Probably too much. I don't tweet... but I like Facebook for keeping up with friends and sharing info and photos from my life. And I have an app on my blackberry which makes it easy to check in on FB, so I'll do that waiting for a training or otherwise killing time. Youtube, usually only if I receive a link to check out-- or if I need knitting help of the visual variety.

If you had to live under the sea what kind of an animal would you be?
Seriously?! Me?! Living under the sea?! Probably not. I swear if a fish touched me underwater I'd have a heart attack and die on the spot... let's hope this is a question I'll never have to realistically think of an answer to.

Have you ever won a trophy?
Yes, at Terri's School of Dance. All different ones, Showmanship, Scholarship awards...

What do you like about your job?
Its something different every day. I can work at my own pace. I love my co-workers and the connections I have at this hospital (even though I hate when I'm in a situation to need to use them). I can leave early on days when there is nothing going on- and especially on Fridays (and especially in the summer). I love my boss and how he encourages me and respects me.

What do you dislike about your job?
My 2.5 hour daily roundtrip commute. The fact that sometimes I'm here way too late and then back again way too early. It can get too stressful... and I deal with a LOT of stupid people.

Name one thing that not many people know about you.
I didn't breathe for the first 7 minutes of my life!

What vacations do you have planned this year?
New Smyrna Beach for a week this summer- the second Litchfield family reunion to be held there. There are 30+ of us going. Its going to be a ridiculous amount of fun.
My friend Marta is engaged to be married in Spain, hopefully sometime in October. Once I get the word on an official date I plan to be booking airfare for 2 to Barcelona to show Dan the city I spent 3 1/2 weeks in almost 10 years and will never forget! :)

No comments: