From the oldest to the youngest...
I was born June 10, 1980. The first grandchild to my mother's parents, Jean and Leo Natale. Through the years my parents had one more child, and my Uncle Michael had three. Bringing our grandchildren count to 5. But this week all that changed. My Aunt Karen gave birth to this little miracle, Isabella May Gagnon on Thursday May 13, 2010 a little before 2:00 in the afternoon. Weighing in at 7lbs 11oz and a very long 22 inches, she's quite a beauty and even more importantly both she and Aunt Karen are healthy!!
So to spare you the math, Isabella and I are exactly 29 years and 48 weeks apart (exactly 4 weeks shy of 30 years difference).



I think there's something special about beginning with a girl and ending with a girl... and I love the fact that she's the 6th of us. Six has always been my favorite number.. as long as I can remember. So six is very special to me. To think I'll be 4 weeks away from turning 36 when she's 6 years old is a little scary, but that's ok!! ;) And I'm sure with the difference in age it will feel more like I'm an auntie to her than a cousin when she'll have cousins like Garret and Riley to run around with, but that's ok with me. I loved all of the spoiling my Aunt Karen did for Jeff and I when we were little- care rides with Van Halen blaring out the open windows, sugarless gum and pixie stix, staying up late to watch television during Saturday night sleepovers. It was always something fun and different and if Bella and I get to do even half of that I'm sure we'll have an amazing bond.
I love you little one. Welcome to our crazy family! I can't wait to get to know you! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment