Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy 2011

Dan and I officially rang in 2011 at Dana & Sheri's house after a nice dinner at La Scala. We played Apples to Apples for 3+ hours {{loads of laughs}} stopping only briefly to do the traditional countdown with the rest of the East Coast watching Times Square on tv. It was a great night out, especially since I'd been so sick that week and the stir-craziness had started to set in.

Then on Saturday we packed up the car and headed over to Mom's for her Annual Christmas Open House. Mom and Dad host this huge event every year, usually on the Saturday after Christmas, which this year fell on New Year's Day. And so it was a chance to ring in the 1st day of 2011 with about 90 of our closest friends and family.

The Lassonde's came (from Northern MA, NH & even Vermont!). I was so excited to meet little Marley for the first time. She's such a cutie. And it was great visiting with the still sort of newly-engaged Megan and Evan.

For the first time, my friend Ryan came to the Open House- knowing that my parents throw a killer party and curious to see all those Christmas Trees for herself!

*ryan, jen & meggsie*


It was great having the Fortin clan there for the day too. Sometimes this party falls on the weekend when they traditionally do Christmas with Doug's side of the family, and even amongst the 100 some-odd people it always feels a little empty without them.
*megg and dan*

we had fun exchanging gifts with one another. Mom bought Will and Oisin "Woody" pajamas that are just the cutest {{check em out}}

*Sigh, look at that cute little belly with his skinny little legs! But what's even cuter is that the pjs have the look of the cowboy boot built right into the leg*

The boys went nuts over them, and I can't say I blame them!!
It was Garret's first Open House too. He was dressed for the occasion, and so happy with all the other kids to play with, and the Christmas trees to mesmerize him.
He and Miss A get along so well. Its adorable. They were hugging each other in front of the tree, though unfortunately I missed that shot!

Aila looked so cute with her new jewelry from Auntie Diane, a gift brought home from our trip to Venice this fall.


As you can tell I didn't take many photos this year. Even though the total number of guests (or at least those who signed Mom's new guest book) were fewer than normal, it seemed I was always getting pulled here or there into a new conversation. That made for a GREAT day, of course, but I didn't click the shutter as many times as I'd have liked.

Fortunately Megg pushed me to take some photos and I'm so happy I have these!
Such great memories with some of my best friends.


And so, a very belated Happy New Year to all my readers out there.
I hope 2011 is a year of peace, happiness, health and stability for you and your families.
I love you all!

No comments: