yesterday was one of the good days.
one of the very very good days.
it should have been a normal thursday. well slightly better than normal
because it was mom's birthday
but we didn't have plans to celebrate until saturday.
the docket looked like this
work
yoga
home
relax and knit
and enjoy having the house to myself for a few hours.
what happened instead was far better.
here's why.
I called Mom to say Happy Birthday in the morning. She had missed my earlier calls
so I message her on Facebook and she said she was enjoying the day at home.
But it was strange that my call didn't come through.
After looking for my call she found a voicemail with some VERY good news!
She's starting her new job in the Hull School System in March and has what turned out to be a great transition plan from BMC!
She called me all excited!
The day was off to a good start.
At some point in the day, Mom and I were talking again and she said she had a $400 credit for Jordan's furniture that needed to be used up by the end of the month. She and Dad didn't need anything. Did I want to go look and see if we could find something for my new craft space? Sure! Why not!
Mom picked me up at the train. We made a quick detour to Lumber Liquidators so I could order my flooring. Cork. This stuff! Pretty cool right?

From there we headed to Jordan's. At first we weren't finding anything in the Clearance Center, but we were still having fun. Then, we found this gem.

It swivels and its wide enough that I can tuck my legs up beside me if I want to. Its a gorgeous linen fabric in a neutral which I can easily jazz up with a hand-sewn pillow and perhaps a knitted or crocheted afghan? :)
I thought I loved it but I wasn't 100% sure and we still had "money to spend" on that coupon. We found out the credit could be used in the regular store too so we browsed up there. All the while I was terribly anxious that someone was going to get "my chair" so I was absolutely sure this was the chair I wanted! We were almost out of the store and heading back to the Clearance Center when Mom noticed this table.

It's bar-height and has a decent amount of storage underneath! It was great.
But expensive!
And off-white (wouldn't match my walls at all).
Still, we snapped a photo and schemed about how we could convince Dan to build it!
We wandered back downstairs and found some bar stools that were considering for a bit, but one didn't have a price. When mom turned around to flag down the sales associate, she saw this:

The same table- in a stained finished- not painted! The chairs are different, and the price was drastically different. As in half priced!
It fits my intended dimensions perfectly and has a leaf that makes the table 5x5 square if I needed the extra space. Its perfect for sewing or scrapbooking or almost anything really!!

The lighting was a little wonky in there so here are 2 photos from the website:

(I didn't get those fabric covered stools- though they are fabulous looking!)

It was too good a deal not to get the chair too and my urge to protect my "property" at the store confirmed my gut that I loved both of these things, so we found a salesman and checked out! I was one happy camper!!
We swung into Christmas Tree Shops to look for fabric but found none. I did find a really cool green fabric ottoman that's small (yet has a storage inside) and may just be perfect (and if not, it will be returned). From there it was time to eat! It was after 7p, and we headed towards The Chateau (so I could use up a gift card-- making progress on those 2012 goals).
Its a charming place. I'd never been there. And boy the service was fast. We ordered our dinner and in 10 minutes it was at the table!

And as if dinner wasn't good enough,
we met up with Dan, Shawn, Jollsie and Jill at Spazio for a glass of wine.
It was a ridiculously and silly time (as usual).
Mom and I Skyped with Jeff, Riley and Garret from the bathroom (because the bar area was too dark). The kids thought that was just hysterical- we kept shutting off the light and they'd laugh and laugh.
Yes, it was a day for the record books.
Fun, productive, delicious, silly, fantastic!
Happy Birthday Mom. I love you to the moon and back!
No comments:
Post a Comment