Thursday, September 13, 2007

9-11-07 What a Difference a Year Makes!


Bear with me as I get sentimental for a minute! This time last year I was sitting in the Emergency Department with my 24 year old brother, Jeff, watching coverage of the 5th Anniversary of 9/11 and waiting on the news that he had a brain tumor. We thought he had migraines or a virus-- how very wrong we were. What an awful, awful morning. I've never been more scared in my whole life. It didn't seem real- and yet, the next day we were shaving his head ...and the day after that (Wed) he had his first brain surgery. By Thursday he was up and walking-- talk about amazing stuff!!! If you have to have brain surgery you're lucky to be 24 and fit as a fiddle!



Friday he had surgery again, and thankfully this time they removed the entire tumor! He is still doing well, thank God, one year later though the recovery was a very long road. So strange seeing someone so young and healthy unable to walk around the house more than once in a day, sleeping on the first floor because the stairs were just too much. And yet, he prevailed. To date he's had many MRIs and still nothing else has been found. He's one lucky kid, and I'm one grateful sister! This is him last Monday at the Sox game. You'd never know there was ever anything wrong with him!


We're so blessed! I know this is a tough day for so many in America, but I just have to feel lucky that sometimes things DO turn out ok, and when they do, you have to remember that. I will always remember how lucky we are on this day. Thanks for peeking in Had to share my happiness today!

No comments: