I am still doing the Happy Dance--yep, that's 3 days now! I got the call on Saturday that my Escape had finally arrive in MA! I was in the middle of the yard sale at Mom and Dad's, and my 98 Sebring Convertible was at the shop (having the remote car starter removed and put into Mom's car), and I was still waiting on my loan re-approval from the Credit Union, so I figured there was no way I could go get it that day. Fortunately everything turned around in a matter of hours.
The Sebring was ready to be picked up in the early afternoon. I called Bob LaLond and he told me they would match the interest rate on the loan (in the end they beat the rate the Credit Union offered me). And even though I couldn't reach Dan who was working at the house and didn't have his cell phone, Matt agreed to come with me. So by 5:00, Matt and Will met me at the apartment and we headed to Quirk Ford! As soon as I pulled in, Peter came out to meet me and showed me the car inside the shop. BEAUTIFUL!!!! Everything I imagined it would be.
I filled out a bunch of paperwork, listened to a lot of stuff about warranties (thank goodness I had Matt there to translate!), and finally after about an hour, I was sitting in the front seat of my BRAND NEW CAR! I swear, I was gidding and almost giggling!
Pictures to come soon (added 10-24). If you can believe it, I forgot my camera at home--- but fortunately Matt is the absolute best and he had his camera and was all about taking photos. He got some shots of me in the car, Pete shaking my hand and handing over the key! He was just as excited as I was, which made it even more fun. [[Thanks Matt! I love you!]]

I drove it home picked up Dan and went to Mom's house where she, Dad, Grammy and Veronica were waiting to see it!! Later on, we went to Matt & Krissy's to watch the game--- and I passed out from sheer exhaustion.
The Sebring was ready to be picked up in the early afternoon. I called Bob LaLond and he told me they would match the interest rate on the loan (in the end they beat the rate the Credit Union offered me). And even though I couldn't reach Dan who was working at the house and didn't have his cell phone, Matt agreed to come with me. So by 5:00, Matt and Will met me at the apartment and we headed to Quirk Ford! As soon as I pulled in, Peter came out to meet me and showed me the car inside the shop. BEAUTIFUL!!!! Everything I imagined it would be.
I filled out a bunch of paperwork, listened to a lot of stuff about warranties (thank goodness I had Matt there to translate!), and finally after about an hour, I was sitting in the front seat of my BRAND NEW CAR! I swear, I was gidding and almost giggling!
Pictures to come soon (added 10-24). If you can believe it, I forgot my camera at home--- but fortunately Matt is the absolute best and he had his camera and was all about taking photos. He got some shots of me in the car, Pete shaking my hand and handing over the key! He was just as excited as I was, which made it even more fun. [[Thanks Matt! I love you!]]
I drove it home picked up Dan and went to Mom's house where she, Dad, Grammy and Veronica were waiting to see it!! Later on, we went to Matt & Krissy's to watch the game--- and I passed out from sheer exhaustion.
Hybrid Car= FUN!
So, needless to say, I am absolutely loving my new car! The hybrid feature is sooo cool! When you're coasting to a stop, sitting at a light, in traffic, or just going slow, the engine is off and you're in battery mode and it literally sounds like the car has shut off. There's actually an icon on the dashboard that shows you when the car is on so you don't think it has shut off (that's how quiet it is).
Sirius Satellite Radio- sooo glad to have this built in to the radio (something that wasn't available in 07 model). No more commercials! I didn't listen to local radio all weekend, and I got to listen to Stern for the first time "live" on the way to work this morning.
Heated seats- They rock! They heat up so quickly so even with the heat is warming up, your buns are toasty! Dan and I enjoyed those on our way home Saturday night.
New car smell- need I say more? (sure beats musty carpeting-- which is definitely what I was used to- especially since my backseat had flooded again late last week. buh-bye!)
Back-up Sensor-- SO FREAKIN' COOL! When you're backing up and get close to an object the car start beeping with increasing frequency- and then when you're 10 inches away it becomes a constant sound! Love it. Very handy to know exactly how close you are-- and it really works- we made Dad stand behind the car so we could test it out!
Today I go back to get my registration and inspection sticker-- and I'm fully good to go!!
So, needless to say, I am absolutely loving my new car! The hybrid feature is sooo cool! When you're coasting to a stop, sitting at a light, in traffic, or just going slow, the engine is off and you're in battery mode and it literally sounds like the car has shut off. There's actually an icon on the dashboard that shows you when the car is on so you don't think it has shut off (that's how quiet it is).
Sirius Satellite Radio- sooo glad to have this built in to the radio (something that wasn't available in 07 model). No more commercials! I didn't listen to local radio all weekend, and I got to listen to Stern for the first time "live" on the way to work this morning.
Heated seats- They rock! They heat up so quickly so even with the heat is warming up, your buns are toasty! Dan and I enjoyed those on our way home Saturday night.
New car smell- need I say more? (sure beats musty carpeting-- which is definitely what I was used to- especially since my backseat had flooded again late last week. buh-bye!)
Back-up Sensor-- SO FREAKIN' COOL! When you're backing up and get close to an object the car start beeping with increasing frequency- and then when you're 10 inches away it becomes a constant sound! Love it. Very handy to know exactly how close you are-- and it really works- we made Dad stand behind the car so we could test it out!
Today I go back to get my registration and inspection sticker-- and I'm fully good to go!!
No comments:
Post a Comment