Thursday, October 11, 2007

Playing Catch Up!

This week has been an absolute blur! Beginning with last week, actually.

Friday I took a half day off work and headed to Poughkeepsie early to beat traffic. As it turned out I got there two hours earlier than anyone else. I had planned to get my nails done but there was a constant line, so I shopped instead. I ended up finding a steal of a dress at Macy's- on a random rack, the only one of its kind. A size 10 that fits me perfectly (or it will when I have a push up bra to hold it on. lol). And it was only $27 (which I used a credit from Macy's to buy). Really, does shopping get any better than that???

I also made a bold move and bought a cute black and white silk dress to wear with black leggings from Target! Talk about comfy and cute! Am I a little spooked that this stuff totally reminds me of being 10 years old again? Yep!!! But its fun and fresh and trendy so let's give it a shot right?

And going out on Friday night was a reminder that we are all so far removed from all that is college and young. We went to Noah's (which apparently is called Noah's Ark but I kept calling it Noah's Bar.... how was I to know? I think I went there twice in college). There were only a handful of people there that we actually knew, but we had a great time-- Meg, Amber, Laura, Jessica and Me. We watched the Red Sox win the second game in the Division Series!!! We watched the college girls parade through in outfits we'd have never dreamed of wearing out to the bar. What did we wear back in the early 2000's? Jeans, shirts and cute shoes. Now what do they wear? Among our favorites, a short black dress with stockings and heels. A very tight pencil skirt, top with a huge belt and heels. An outfit I don't remember well with a leather bag so large you could fit a 5 year old in it.... oohh oooh, I almost forgot- there was this one girl on whose tank top had so many sequins it looked like she just came off the stage with her 6th grade dance class! [That was Lansing's personal favorite!]

Well, we might not have dressed like them, but we did dress like eachother. Meg, Amber, Jessica and me all wore some form of jeans with a black shirt. We didn't plan it. I swear!! We were troopers though- staying at the bar until after 2 and then walking to the Diner and staying there until after 3am! Who did we think we were??? Not sure, but it was fun.

Saturday we woke up and headed to the diner where Jessica's brother Patrick met us for breakfast. From there we headed to the bookstore and the Campus Green. Started running into some more people [Andrew from Campus Ministry, FOX from TKE, III, Larry O Stoddard, Eric Deable, Meghan Donahue]. Amber and Laura headed out while Meg, Lansing and I went to the football game, where we basically sat in the grass and sweat for about 30 minutes before we headed out.

Alumni Weekend--- a good time. I think I realized more after this visit, that I mostly just like catching up with my friends. Hanging out with the girls. Doesn't matter where we are. Seeing old, familiar faces that I haven't thought about for years is ok, but it doesn't interest me as much as it used to. I see the people I want to, and don't keep in touch with others. I'm ok with that.

From Poughkeepsie I headed to Amber's. Made record time and got to her apartment before she and Laura were home from dress shopping with Amber's Mom. By then my mere 4 hours of sleep was catching up with me and since I couldn't reach anyone who had a key to the apartment I took a cat nap in the car until Justin could be reached.. then he and I watched Princess Bride until Amber and Laura came home. We went to this Hibatchi for dinner and then fell asleep early on the couch.




Sunday was Amber's shower. Lovely day. The girls did a great job setting it all up. And after a difficult search at the Poughkeespie Galleria, Amber managed to find this cute cardigan to wear over her dress.

She got lots of beautiful gifts, which she had some help unwrapping--- from both her bridesmaids (Laura, Blair and Sarah), and also her little cousin, Bryce. Definitely a cutie. And Laura just thought he was hysterical.
I think this picture says it all -------------->
Lorella, Meg, Laura and I represented the Marist girls. It was great seeing Lorella, who I haven't seen since Lansing's wedding this weekend last year!
[Meanwhile Jessica and Joel celebrated their 1 year Anniversary in New York!!! Happy Anniversary. I love you both!]
And here's the happy couple! Aren't they good looking?! :)
When I left the shower, I made my way to Mystic, CT for the Premise Conference (after getting a good bit lost along the way-- perhaps Dan was right and I DO indeed need GPS!). Got some dinner and then enjoyed a relaxing night at the Courtyard Marriott. Enjoyed the tub with all the massaging jets! And watched the Yankees eliminate themselves from the American League Division Series (after the Red Sox WON earlier that Day)!!! Cleveland, we'll see you at Fenway on Friday!
Monday I spent the day at the conference alone. Met some nice people had a chance to spend some time with Jenn and John and some others at Premise whom I talk with almost every day but rarely see. At the end of the day, we went to the Mystic Aquarium for dinner and drinks. George met up with me there. We schmoozed and talked business, looked at fish and sharks and drank a few cocktails. It was a very nice evening.
Tuesday I only stayed at the conference until 3:30, went right to Matt and Krissy's on the way home. Dan was on babysitting duty and I figured I'd stop in to see how it was going. I hadn't seen Will in a week and I was ready for a fix. We hung out and stuck around to have pizza with Matt. From there I went to Mom and Dad's to switch out Mom's car for Dad's van (which they insisted I take because my car had issues starting over the weekend). [Thank goodness I'd gotten the call on the way home to say my new car was coming in soon!!]
So that about brings us up to date. Worked on Wednesday and today. Laundry, cleaned, cooked some dinners.... nothing all that exciting. Looking forward to The Office tonight!!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Thanks for the update on the weekend! Wish I could have been there. Now I'm craving diner fries and honey mustard :)