Well I didn't really forget about it {how could I, I had so much fun!} but I am just realizing that I forgot to blog it!
I got Philly around 9:00p on Friday. Made great time with very little hassle thanks to Dad's Garmin. Christine and I said our hellos and unpacked my car and then headed out to the diner since she hadn't eaten, and well, its a good place to sit and talk over coffee!
Saturday morning we were up and out, excited to meet up with Keri and Gayle in downtown Philadelphia at Rouge for breakfast, as Christine coined, "as big as our heads" which is not too far from the truth. It was by far the best French Toast I've ever eaten and the blackberries on top were just a lovely little bonus!
After breakfast we hit the streets of Philly for some serious shopping! Christine was on a mission for wedding and bridal shower outfits for the numerous occasions she has coming up this Spring. Keri and Gayle were dying to hit up Sephora and Gayle needed some new work clothes. We had a lot to look for, and we did really well.
This one store, Lush, was what they kept talking about all day. I had never been there.. never heard of it... I'm not really into all that fancy bath stuff so I wasn't all that intrigued. But Keri wasn't giving up that easily.
She convinced me that if I bought nothing else I had to try "Buffy."http://www.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/2127
Clearly we did a lot of shopping. I think Gayle bought something in every single store we went in!
I was reasonably good. I bought some new pants at Gap and they had some really cute undies on sale :)
Then it was time for a rest- and some caffeine to get us through the day.
{Man I look tanned! First weekend after vacation. Wish that kept longer}
For dinner we went to Ruby Tuesday near where we were shopping. Gayle's two beautiful daughters joined us. We ate some more unhealthy food and had great conversation and a lot of laughs before calling it a day.
Christine and I headed home. We played Wii golf and tennis and bowling. Too funny! Who knew I could bowl?! But apparently my tennis lessons were an absolute waste of money!!!
Sunday- Christine, Seamus and I went out for a late breakfast. Mmmmm. Then back to their house where Christine and I scrapped all day!!It was a perfect weekend. Just what I needed. Lots of talking, Christine's great for listening, retail therapy and way too much yummy food! :)
I made my way back home on Monday. Made great time and didn't get lost, thanks to Dad's handy navigation system. A great trip! Will definitely need to do it again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment