Saturday, February 02, 2008

I won!


Last night I wasn't in the mood to go out... Dan was going to Shawn's to play cards with the boys; I had hoped we were going out to dinner but forgot that Shawn had Isabelle until Ellen got home from work. I wasn't planning to go and at the last minute I changed my mind. Figured why not?
And that decision sure paid off! I won two rounds of Texas Hold 'Em against Dan, Shawn, Ellen, Stanley and Chris!!! I've never won before and I won twice in one night! I was on fire. It was so much fun. I got decent cards for the most part, but also have a better handle on when and how much to bet. And I guess I just had a good combination of the two going for me. I came home with an extra $25 in my pocket after playing a little more and giving Danny some money (figured that was only fair since he pays for me to play {read: LOSE} every week).
The best part? I beat Chris both times! He hates losing and bets really big which usually just scares me, but he's also a bit reckless. I'm also pretty sure that he hates the idea of losing to a girl.
So it was a fun night! Maybe I'll do it again sometime.

No comments: