Tuesday, September 23, 2008

beauty is on the inside...

dan and i are in our third month of living in the house
its coming along
slowly but surely


small and large projects all happening simultaneously


this--->
is clearly an example of a large project

dan got to tool around in the back

hoe on saturday digging us a 'moat' all around the house (the footings for the deck and porch will be placed in the holes).



Emelyn said we should fill it with water and put pets in there, like fish.
If we get any rain in the next week we might just have to!



so this is what you'll see if you drive up to our house right now



not so purdy


but it will be
so that's how dan spent his saturday.
i got to enjoy it a bit more, going to the second hand baby sale with kris, where we met up with emelyn and oisin. then we went to strawberry fair for a late breakfast and on to homegoods where i finally found some pictures to put above our bed.
we came home for a little while in the afternoon (aka mid-digging)... things got a bit hairy from there. kris feeling sick. kids needing to eat, matt coming over with will who was hungry... then dan dug too deep with the backhoe and hit the culvert to the garage... hauling the shop vac up... it was FUN! anyways... it was a long day. great to see friends and hug the kiddos.



emelyn was her usual hysterical self... she loves dan so much its just adorable.
at one point she's kneeling on the couch looking out at dan as he's digging in the side yard...
i said: "Emmy, what do you think? Do you like our house?"
Emelyn: "Yes. Its a lovely house.... {long pause. then a dramatic sigh} but I just can't wait for Dan to come inside the house."
me: "yeah?"
Emelyn: {long dramatic sigh, looking longingly outside}
TOO STINKIN' CUTE!



Also on Saturday, at 11:30am, Ellen and Shawn welcomed their new daughter into the world
Alannah Paige
I've only seen pictures but I can already tell she's beautiful
Danny went to meet her after work today!
Congratulations!! :)



Sunday was a little more calm.
Dan and I cleaned the house in the morning.
Then he got ready to watch football and eat steak tips with Steve, and I headed out.
Chatted with the girls care of the free wifi at Panera.

Then stopped at Whole Foods.
I was so proud of myself. I got all my groceries for the week there.
AND, I scored an excellent recipe for Acorn Squash which I went home and made.

As many of you know, I'm not the world's greatest cook (we have Krissy for that :) but I figured I'd take advantage of a cool Sunday afternoon to be a liittle adventureous... so I brought home an all-natural rotisserie chicken (like i said, I wasn't going crazy here!), but roasted the acorn squash and made asparagus.

and since i rarely cook, and since it was so gorgeous and fresh looking, i had to snap some pictures. a good opportunity to try out some settings.

the picture of the squash i actually took through the window in the oven :)


ok that's all for now. this has taken me all week to get up!

have a good night!


No comments: