into October and I haven't blogged yet. I'm getting really out of habit here...
Its Fall. Officially.
Mostly its great. Not being so hot and sweaty when working around the house, or just getting ready. Not feeling like I need a shower when I'm done blow-drying my hair.
Now its slipper season and I don't yet have slippers I like. I bought some from LL Bean that need to be returned. They don't fit me just right...so I've been making do with fleece socks, and stealing Dan's new LL Bean slippers (I mean Moccasins) which are far too big, but they're fluffy and warm! They do the trick in a pinch... not sure if he realizes yet that I've been stealing them, so he might nix that very soon :)
The days have been flying by. Work is great. Busy as ever, but good. I've been going to the gym at least 4 days a week and feeling really good about that. I just bought a new battery for my pedometer which died last week {I think that means I've walked a REALLY LONG WAY!} but again, another good sign! I still need to do a full post on the book Skinny Bitch which I read a few weeks ago that really had much more of an impact on me than I realized. I haven't eaten meat in two weeks!!!! Not sure how long that will last... I've tried the vegetarian thing before and failed but we'll see how it goes. Right now I'm really happy with my diet, what I'm eating and what I'm choosing not to eat so I'm trying not to focus on the future, what I'm potentially giving up, but just focusing on what works now.
I'm more obsessed with the channel Planet Green every day!! :) also very happy to have new episodes of The Office, Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, How I Met Your Mother and Jon & Kate Plus 8 to look forward to (love my DVR too because lord knows I wouldn't be up late enough to watch most of these shows in real time).
Getting to tie some of the work I'm doing on my Forms & Office Supplies Team at work in with Going Green here at MGH and that's really rewarding.
I'm spending lots of time chatting with my good friends on Lifetime Moments! Enjoying getting to know some ladies that I didn't know all that well until a couple months ago and very much looking forward to seeing everyone in Michigan in November!
Had a dinner party for Dad's birthday last Saturday which was great! I can't believe my Dad's 56! He doesn't look it (or act it) :) Grammy was funnier than ever that night. I swear Dan laughs more when he hangs with Gram than any other time. So glad that we all get along so well. Love you guys!
Hopefully hanging out with Willy on Saturday! I've missed my little bud. Thinking if I can steal him early enough in the day we might go pick out some pumpkins and run around for awhile! :) That sounds like a perfect fall Saturday doesn't it?
Planning vacation for January. No definite plans yet but the Sandals Grande Ocho Rios has been discussed. Have to say I'm practically giddy about that (and talk about even MORE gym incentive)! I think Dana, Sheri, John and Nancy might all be in! Very excited. Can't ask for a better group of friends to vacation with then those 4 :)
Ok well its time to get back to work. I have so much more to catch up on, but not now.
No comments:
Post a Comment