Sunday, October 05, 2008

Today is a typical Sunday....

...Well typical for the past couple weeks. My new life. My new house. My new surroundings. I love it. I look forward to it. I wouldn’t want to do it all the time, but lately Sunday has become my refuge from the week.

Dan and I slept in, climbing out of bed around 10am. We ate cereal for breakfast (ironic since we finally have a toaster and have been complaining that cereal is the only easy breakfast option). We each did a few things around the house, watched a few minutes of TV before heading off to our own tasks. Dan went to work in the yard, and I headed out for my walk/jog around the neighborhood. As it did last weekend it started to rain as I got out there, but thankfully this week it was just spitting and I was spared from the monsoon that hit last weekend. I walk down to Indian Winds, a development down the road that actually has sidewalks and less traffic. I jog and power-walk along with my regular walking, getting into the groove of the music on my I-Pod. I make my way back to the driveway refreshed and rejuvenated. I’ve been doing about 35 minutes but once I can shake the rain I really need to step that up some more.

I got home and hung with Dan for awhile, today watching half of a movie that he’d started earlier in the week. Spending time in the living room, Dan in his recliner and me with my head in his lap. 1:00 came around and Dan got engrossed with the Race (Tallageda this week) and football. Sunday is his one day a week to just relax too and as hard as he works I am so happy that he does.

While he watches the game, and jumps off the couch to yell at the TV for hours at a time, I pack up my bag and my laptop and head to Panera. I order lunch {soup, salad and an apple} and find a table with an outlet nearby.

Panera is such an interesting place to spend a few hours. People watching is fascinating. High school girls catching up on girl talk, families, moms with babies out for a day of shopping, couples out for a bite to eat together. And other nerds like me on their computers. I chatted with my good friends on the W Bus at Lifetime Moments. Posting away. Trying to get to 10,000 posts by the time I see them next at the LM Crop in Michigan in November. I can totally do it, but I still have a ways to go ;) So chatting with them on a relaxing, crisp Sunday afternoon is a great way to get there.

I food shop on the way home, do some more around the house, then shower and hang out in the bedroom while Dan continues to cheer, jeer and fly out of his seat while watching the various games he’s flipping between. I upload and edit photos, update my food logs for the weekend, jot down blog posts like this, watch Planet Green or TLC, post a little more on LM from my phone, anything that interests me really, stopping every hour or so to go out and see what Dan’s up to, give him a kiss, and head back to my endeavors.

I feel refreshed. I’m ready to start the week, food prepped for lunch and snacks. The house is clean. Life is good.

So I’m extremely thankful for Sundays. I know I won’t be this fortunate every Sunday, and of course I do look forward to getting out and doing other things too, but I’m finding more and more that it works so much better for me to do those things on Saturday and make Sunday my day of rest.

No comments: