Riley's 1st Birthday Party was quite the event!
Lots of friends and family gathered at Jeff & Melissa's to celebrate
on Saturday April 11th.
Though it is technically spring, it was still really cold
so we enjoyed the festivities inside.
Here's Riley in her 1st birthday dress that Grammy bought her, though you can't see the detail on the dress here because her custom bib is on top. It has Riley's name and the date of her first birthday on there. Doesn't she look beautiful?!
Grammy & Pepere with the Birthday Girl
Grammy's Girl
Auntie Jen

Mom & Dad
This was a special present from Grammy, a charm bracelet she had especially made that can be added onto each year. This year's charm was a cupcake with a "1."
Riley is one sweet girl, but her smile is most aptly described as illusive! It was so hard to capture the great mood she was in, but here are a few that show how much fun she was having being the center of attention.
And the cutest party hat ever!
This is the "Riley Face" right now. I swear she was having fun, but ever since her Daddy taught her this face it seems to keep reappearing.
Though I think Oisin might be the most mature of the bunch because he seems to think they're all looking pretty darn foolish ;)
Riley & Oisin ----Sharing
Willy & Riley
Then it was time for presents. Riley got so many nice gifts, and had quite a good time opening them. This is a picture of her opening her gift from me.
Reading one of her new books.
And what's a birthday without a cake? Or two!
Happy Birthday TO YOU!
We even got Grammy (Riley's Great-Grammy) on speakerphone (while she was at the pool in Florida) to sing with us!!

What IS this thing?!

Hmm.. guess I'll try it.
I don't think she really enjoyed the cake at all... but that's ok. Daddy will eat anything...

Riley & Oisin ----Sharing
It was quite the kissing-fest, to be honest. Almost all of which was open-mouthed and sloppy.
Not sure Willy was quite expecting so much saliva, but I think he got used to it.
Then there was an interesting dynamic when Willy and Oisin would alternatively get jealous when Riley was after the other. This could get dramatic in another 16 years or so...
Willy & RileyThen it was time for presents. Riley got so many nice gifts, and had quite a good time opening them. This is a picture of her opening her gift from me.

Reading one of her new books.
And what's a birthday without a cake? Or two!
Happy Birthday TO YOU!
We even got Grammy (Riley's Great-Grammy) on speakerphone (while she was at the pool in Florida) to sing with us!!
What IS this thing?!

Hmm.. guess I'll try it.
I don't think she really enjoyed the cake at all... but that's ok. Daddy will eat anything...He did manage a few bites.

And then the day started winding down... Riley and Willy sat with Auntie Krissy and Auntie Megg to read some of Riley's new books.
After an afternoon of fun and games, I headed out with Krissy and Willy (sending Dan home to recuperate from all the fun) and helped them run some errands before we hit the second party of the day, this one in honor of birthday boy Dave Dauphinee! We had a great time hanging out with friends and watching BU win the hockey championship before stumbling home exhausted around 11p :)

And then the day started winding down... Riley and Willy sat with Auntie Krissy and Auntie Megg to read some of Riley's new books.
After an afternoon of fun and games, I headed out with Krissy and Willy (sending Dan home to recuperate from all the fun) and helped them run some errands before we hit the second party of the day, this one in honor of birthday boy Dave Dauphinee! We had a great time hanging out with friends and watching BU win the hockey championship before stumbling home exhausted around 11p :)Thanks for a great weekend everyone!





1 comment:
It is fun as always to look at all your photod of the day, it's easy to follow....I think I will show you more photos then I do to...but right now I don't have any software so I can load them from the camera, I'll have to fix that...
Hope you hade a nice and pleasant easter and got any nice present. See you my friend...
Hugs Ann-Marie
Post a Comment