Friday, June 26, 2009

CSA Pick up Wednesday 6-24-09


Another week, another batch of truly wonderful food.
Too busy for extravagent menu planning this week, but i'm still making a dent in it.

the strawberries are so sweet and delicious. its like experiencing a whole new fruit. i gave one to krissy last night and she agreed. perfection in a berry!

since we had pizza for Oisin's birthday party on wednesday night, i told kris i'd make something quick for us for dinner on thursday. i cheated and got her and willy a rotisserie chicken. we also enjoyed the CSA sweet potatoes with sour cream and scallions (MMMMM!) and the zucchini. accompanied by a salad with the red boston lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, cukes, 'salad fixins' and balsamic vinaigrette.

simple and easy. a contrast from last week's adventerous burst.
still yummy though and that's what counts.

my new mission for this week- finding out how to preserve spices. freezing versus drying. any expertise out there?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love fresh herbs and refuse to buy them in the store. I froze some last year (sage) and it kept well. I just found an article about drying herbs and I am going to try that as well this year. I figure I will do both and then decide which I like better.

~Jessica