Thursday, June 18, 2009

Saturday June 6th

Or Emancipation Day, as I liked to call it!
It was my first day out of the house
after my surgery.
Only 4 days I suppose
but I can't remember the last
time I was stuck at home for 4 days.

But I had RSVPed yes
to Maureen Goode's shower
and I wanted to go.
Get out of the house.
Chat with my friends.
I could handle sitting at a table for a few hours :)

It was a struggle to
shower
do my hair
put on make-up
AND get dressed
all in one morning.
I'd done some combination of those things
on other days (not the make-up)
but not all in one 2-hour block.
But Dan ironed my clothes,
and tried to help me.
Suggesting I bring my
ice pack with me
to the shower.
Um, no thanks hunny.
Sweet of you.
It probably would have helped.
but hello.
awkward!

I did well at the shower.
Sheri, Ellen, Diane and Erika
were all there :)
We had fun chatting
and watching Mike and Maureen
getting silly as they opened
their many gifts.

When I got home
I decided to change into comfy clothes
and head to Krissy's.
I needed a change of scenery
and I could be a vegetable on her couch
just as easily as mine.

So I spent the afternoon with them.
Willy was so good, being gentle
"because Auntie Jen has a boo boo"
He was so calm (which is not exactly in his nature),
sitting up on the livingroom chair with me
under the blanket.
*I think he was mostly fascinated by my ice pack
But i enjoyed the company either way.

And it was nice getting in some extra time with Aila too. She's such a sweet baby. Calm and curious. Her eyes are stunning, soulful somehow.

Ok, so Willy wasn't 'calm' the whole day! ;)
Here's a bit of his true colors.
Cutie pie!

Propped up on a pillow
I was able to 'hold' Aila
while Krissy prepared food for Willy
She snapped these shots of us.
One other funny tid-bit from that Saturday evening.
Kris and I decided that pizza from D'Ann's would be easiest.
We called in the order and Kris went to pick it up.
I told her to leave Aila with me... even if she cried, I'd be fine.
Kris asked Willy "want to go for a ride with Mama?"
His whole face lit up. Eyes wide open. Mouth in the classic "OOO" shape.
And he says dreamily "Stop & Shop?!!!!"
lol!! the silly kid LOVES that store. lots of stimulation i guess.
i'm sure he was disappointed when we said, "nope, sorry kiddo. not this time"
but going "For a Ride!" anywhere is still good enough.
so he settled!

No comments: