Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Think good thoughts :)

I'm having a little surgery this morning.
Nothing too serious, I promise.
And with the chaos of the wedding, traveling, and
everything else going on around here I haven't had time to post before now...

I've had a lump in my breast since last summer.
My PCP was keeping an eye out for it,
but recently its been starting to bother me
so I had a mammogram and ultrasound the Wednesday
before I flew to St. Louis.
They determined that its not a cyst, most likely its just
normal breast tissue that literally got itself into a bunch ;)
[Did I mention that I had the hottest possible male doctor performing my ultrasound?
Talk about uncomfortable. Although when it was done, I'll admit it was totally hysterical.
I really thought I was on Candid Camera or something.... as if all that isn't awkward enough,
but to put a hot doctor into the mix?! Are you kidding me?!]

So I'm going to have it taken out.
Local anesthesia. Won't take long.
They'll test it.
Make sure its benign, but most likely it will be.
And hopefully that will be the end of it. {cross your fingers for me please}

And not to get preachy, but for all you women out there
please make sure you're doing your self-exam every month
or at least as often as you can remember.
I found this. Not my doctor (not to say they wouldn't have
when I next visited but that was a ways off)...

Here's some info from the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
And on page 2 of this document is a step-by-step guide for the self exam.
Believe me, I always thought it was a little silly
but its worth it :)

So that's my scoop.
With Dan's careful planning, we got here over an hour early.
I'm chilling at my desk catching up on a few things
since I don't have to report to Day Surgery until 6:45a.

Then its home for a couple days on the couch.
I have a couple library books.
A bunch of stuff that Dan's been taping for us on the DVR.
I'm good to go.

And hopefully if I'm feeling up to it, I'll be catching up
on the rest of the blogging I've been meaning to do:
- Jeff & Melissa's wedding
- Riley pictures from our adventures on Saturday
- More walking photos
- And of course surgery updates for you worry warts out there :)

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

amber said...

keep us all posted. i am thinking of you!

Leslie and Larry said...

Jen Hope all went well. Please send an email letting us know you ae doing well. Rest up and let Dan wait on you!