Friday after work, I headed up to Camp for the first time this year. Its such an easy drive, but unfortunately its just never that easy to get away. Fortunately the stars aligned and this weekend worked out well. Mom and Dad were heading up too and Meagan was due to arrive in from Florida on Saturday! Perfect.
Friday night we started things out right with a dip in the lake! It was CHILLY, but Dad jumped in first, followed by Gayle, me and Mom! It was refreshing and set the tone for a great night.
Friday night we started things out right with a dip in the lake! It was CHILLY, but Dad jumped in first, followed by Gayle, me and Mom! It was refreshing and set the tone for a great night.
We had some supper and chatted. Looked at all the new renovations Gayle has done at Camp. It hardly looks like a camp anymore. No more exposed walls- there is sheetrock (with insulation hiding behind- which enables she and Rachel to live there year round when they choose). The wall between the kitchen and livingroom is now gone and it feels so much more open. Its great! The bathroom is huge, complete with a washer and dryer now. And Gayle and Rachel both have real closets in their rooms. Yep, its a far cry from the days of this:
But its not the wall that make camp Camp. Its the people. The silly things that just seem to 'happen' there. The daquiris. Happy Hour. Canoe and Kayak trips, especially to "the point" or the canal. Picking fresh raspberries from the bushes on the way to the beach. Staying up late playing Tuck. And family.

But its not the wall that make camp Camp. Its the people. The silly things that just seem to 'happen' there. The daquiris. Happy Hour. Canoe and Kayak trips, especially to "the point" or the canal. Picking fresh raspberries from the bushes on the way to the beach. Staying up late playing Tuck. And family.
Saturday morning we all got up and had breakfast. It was a bit rainy and since it wasn't lay-out-on-the-dock weather, I took advantage and got some walking in. Bill Read was going for a walk too, so I walked the first mile or so with him. We went to the canal and then he headed home. I took what ended up being a climb up this ridiculous hill, that I ended up having to run down because it was so steep I simply couldn't hold back any longer.
After my exercise was done, it was time for FUN!

Meagan and Gayle got home around 6:30. We all ate dinner together on the porch and caught up. Unfortunately I ended up with a killer headache and after dinner I fell sound asleep. When they awoke me to play our regularly scheduled Tuck game I was completely dizzy and out of sorts, and went back to bed. (In important news- let me state for the record that Dad lived up to his full potential and joined Meagan in beating Mom and Gayle. LOSERS!)
Sunday morning, Gayle, Meagan and I went to pick Raspberries at McKenzie's Farm! So much fun. I haven't picked raspberries in years!
When we got back to Camp, some of the other visitors began arriving: Maureen, Ron, Nana, Bob, Wendy and Melissa! We did what we Lassonde's do best- we ate! Delicious snacks :)
But then it was time for me to take off. I had another party to get to (and traffic to beat), but not before a few pictures with my cousins)Meagan. Me. Melissa
The classic fireplace shot.
(note the sheetrock to the left and right)

Another great weekend at Camp. Makes me want to come back very soon! We'll see what I can arrange.
Thanks for having us!

No comments:
Post a Comment