i've been remiss about blogging lately, so here are some updates:
Sunday November 1
Went apple picking in New Hampshire with Mom, Dad, Jeff, Melissa & Riley. My Uncle Bob & Aunt Wendy and 2 cousins- Melissa and Megan! We had a blast! I have a ton of cool pictures from that day. Need to upload SOON!
Wednesday November 4th
I'm 29 and falling apart.
I went to a physiatrist (no, not a psychiatrist! lol) who said I have bursitis in my hips, ITB syndrome, SI joint issues and bi-lateral shoulder issues. Fun stuff right? I had an x-ray of my spine, which I assume at this point is ok since I didn't hear back.
Next Steps: Physical Therapy for my hips and SI joint issues. 3 shots of lidocaine in my shoulders/upper back starting this week. Did I say 29? this sounds like 79! lol
I posted this on Facebook which got many comments... but my favorite of which was this:
Steve Soule: see what happens from walking. just drink beer and eat meat like the rest of us!
I literally almost fell off my chair when I read this one!
{p.s. YES! I'm finally on Facebook. I have myself set to private because frankly I'm not really interested in being friends with people that I don't really know- or haven't been in touch with for decades. But if you are my friend and you know me, email me and we'll be friends on Facebook too! I'd love that}
Thursday November 5
I took a knitting class!
Finally!
I've been wanting to learn for years.
The class frankly wasn't all that great. But it was a decent enough start. And then with some help and encouragement from friends I think I'm getting the knack of it! Believe me, I've made my fair share of mistakes- but I'm knitting a scarf for me, and if it ends up with some battle scars from my learning process I'm totally ok with that.
What else?
Work is going well. Getting busy again in the next couple weeks so I'll be straight out with that.
We have a mass for Bubba on Saturday at 4:00 at St. Bridget's in Abington. Looking forward to spending some quality time with my family and remembering someone who had such an amazing influence on my life!
I'm hoping to continue and potentially even finish my scarf this week so I can hit up a local yarn store to get some tips on starting another (addicted already. its true).
So that's me. Right now.
Exciting stuff huh?!
2 comments:
Jen, My Mom is a great resource for knittting if you need help. I know she would love to teach you! Also friend the boys they are always on facebook.
I think ur joint issues may point to an underlying issue. Perhaps you should see a homeopathic MD to figure it out. Just a thought. :)
Post a Comment