My friend Christine posted on Tuesday about an idea she saw on The Simple Woman's Daybook.
Simple prompts that give updates and force you to think about what's going on in your life and finding beauty in the simple, ordinary things. Right up my alley.
Simple prompts that give updates and force you to think about what's going on in your life and finding beauty in the simple, ordinary things. Right up my alley.
Like Tini, I'm not a religious person, I'm hardly even a spiritual person, though I do believe whole-heartedly in doing things because they are right and for that reason alone. But I digress... I like this idea of using the same format to account the daily things from time to time... so join me if you will.
-----------
FOR TODAY
Outside my window… it is grey and foggy. They say its supposed to clear up a big but then we might get storms again tonight. Par for the course this time of year I suppose. Still, I look out my window at work to see the Charles River complete with sail boats and the occassional Duck Boat. There's a park with people running, cycling and playing baseball. It’s a great view!
I am thinking…about all the things going on this month and not sure where I’m going to find the time, but then, I always do. Two baby showers, birthday weekend (YAAY), a Red Sox game, babysitting, Father's Day, moving Marilyn into her new apartment (YAAY)- and the shopping to get the place ready (Yaay!), getting ready for vacation. Oh and yeah- lots of walking wherever I can squeeze it in!!
I am thankful for…my best friend Kris. She's the one person I talk to nearly every single day- usually more than once. Email, phone, ESP! I swear I've just never had a connection with anyone like I do with Kris and I am so grateful everyday to have her as such a huge important part of my life. I know this is going to make her blush, but I don't care. She's amazing! And she deserves a little shout out!
From the kitchen…this week I made Giada's Apricot Squares that were to die for. I brought them to work twice this week and my co-workers are salivating and asking for more. I think the might be addicted after 2 short days! They're really heavenly, then again I'm biased- mix oatmeal with cinnamon and brown sugar and almost anything else and I'll likely fall in love with it.
I am wearing… a black and white printed dress. black footless tights. black maryjane crocs. comfy summer workwear.
I am creating… 4 canvases with cute little animals (giraffe, hippo, zebra & elephant with a monkey along for the ride). They're coming out super cute, if I might say so myself. I'm also still working on the pink and brown scarf for me :)
I am going… to be 30 years old exactly one week from today! I'm still not freaked out about it, but when I really think about that number it seems to odd and foreign to me. I still feel like a kid! How is this possible??
I am reading… Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. Fantastic Book!!
I am hoping… this summer isn't too crazy. I have a bunch of projects ready to ramp up at work. Of course they can't stagger- they'll all hit their peaks around the same time and keep me here well past my 40 hours! I suppose I can't complain because I've had it easy lately, but I'd rather have things ramp up at a different time of year.. you know? I look forward to summer-- pool time, parties, cookouts, walks outside, exploring at the beach, all the carefree stuff we enjoy as children and try to cram into small, finite blocks of time as adults. I don't want those blocks to become to small.
I am hearing… silence. Rarely happens when you share an office with 3 co-workers. I'm enjoying it. (Ok technically I'm stretching the truth here. Even up ont he 6th floor I can hear a slight rumble of traffic from Storrow Drive below me).
Around the house…the rose bush that Kris & Matt gave me when I became Aila's Godmother is blooming beautifully beside the garage (a spot chosen only so that it was out of the way and would not be run over by a piece of machinary-- which apparently worked well)!! The daisies are multiplying rapidly in the backyard. The deer make an almost daily appearance now- though no sign of the new fawns yet. We put the AC in our bedroom window already. Still have mountains of wood outside in the driveway. My room in the basement still needs sheetrock attached to those studs… but we're making progress.
One of my favorite things… is the "Daily Thought" email I receive from Real Simple.com. It’s a quote with a gorgeous photograph and a welcome interruption into my morning routine. Today's says:
“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” ― Buddha
A few plans for the rest of the week... Heading to NH after work. Dinner at Poor People's Pub with Meagan and Gayle. Looking forward to seeing them, though not under these circumstances. We'll spend the rest of the night at Camp, pulling together the photos to make a collage for Friday's services for Rachel...
A few plans for the rest of the week... Heading to NH after work. Dinner at Poor People's Pub with Meagan and Gayle. Looking forward to seeing them, though not under these circumstances. We'll spend the rest of the night at Camp, pulling together the photos to make a collage for Friday's services for Rachel...
Here is picture for thought I am sharing... well an image really:

p.s. thanks to all of those who have been following along with this series! I literally can not believe I have kept up with it this week! definitely a first for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment