Wednesday, February 23, 2011

the best parts

...about this week include:

  • hanging with my best friend instead of just getting to hang with her cutie kids. another reason to love school vacation week even when you're not actually on vacation yourself.
  • lighter volume of passengers (disgruntled and "normal") on the T
  • band practice @ our house on monday night. there's nothing more wonderful than listening to live, acoustic music and knitting in the comfort of your own home especially when surrounded by friends.
  • my niece jumping into my lap, just out of the bath, barely contained in her towel and yelling "I LOVE YOU, Auntie Jen!" {then fighting me when I attempted to brush and blow-dry her hair... damn that girl's a lot like her aunt:: what goes around comes around. gotta chuckle at that}
  • dan's yummy pasta dinner on monday night. i can handle clean up when he cooks like that.
  • the new ridiculously funny face garret's making right now- mouth out in a straight line, cheeks puffed out. so hard to describe. NO idea where he learned that.
  • aila going absolutely nutty when i walked into her livingroom yesterday.
  • a lighter, less stressful work schedule
  • going to Zumba first thing Monday morning. awesome way to start the week
  • finding out that I received a bunch of 3Day donations that I didn't know about! {thank you everyone}
  • planning to start my second knitted hat & teaching 2 friends about knitting in the round
  • nearly finishing my first full-sized afghan. SO. CLOSE.
  • starting an afghan for Dan: all black (at his request) with yarn that I found on sale. loving it.

yep. so far- so good.

bring it on!

No comments: