Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Cool [Free] Way to Recycle Items You Normally Can't

Somehow I stumbled onto the TerraCycle website today; and frankly I've been obsessed ever since!

I signed up for a few of their "Brigades" which means that I can collect items you can't normally recycle, send the items to TerraCycle (at no cost to me), and they will upcycle them into items they sell.

Good for the Environment: Easy for Me.

And
there's an extra perk. For most items sent in, they donate a few cents to the charity of your choice. I selected the Nature Conservancy which helps rebuild the Gulf Coast (but I can choose a local charity if anyone has info and a tax ID number) :)

I can't wait to start this. AND of course (if you live locally) I'd love your help. Below is a list of items I'll be collecting to send in. If you have any of these items and would like to rinse them out and bag them up for me, I'd be glad to collect them from you whenever I see you!

Items I'm Collecting:

Scotch Clear Tape Dispensers and/or Cores

Wine Corks (not plastic)

Kraft Cheese Packaging: Kraft Singles, Kraft String Cheese, Polly-O String Cheese, Philadelphia Cream Cheese (tubs), Kraft Natural Cheese, Cracker Barrel Cheese, Velveeta, Kraft Grated Parmesan, Athenos, Breakstone's, Knudsen Cheese, and all other delicious Kraft Cheese products.

Mission Brand Tortilla Plastic Bag/Packaging

*the items do have to be these specific brands, not any others or they won't be used.

So what you think, do you want to save a few more items from the landfills with me?!

No comments: