Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Playing with the Christmas Toys

Its always nice to see kids playing with the toys they got for Christmas nearly a month later.


Tuesday January 18th I babysat for Willy & Aila.


As soon as I walked in the door, Willy looked wide-eyed at me and said "You gotta come see this!!" I took off my snowy boots and went to see his new train track configuration that he was so proud of.


"I'm going to O'Brien's to play with their new train." he informed me.
"Oh yeah?" I asked, incredulously, "When?"
"When the phone rings," he said plainly.


Oh the mind of a 3 1/2 year old dying to go play with the super cool remote-controlled train that the O'Brien boys got for Christmas. Me thinks the phone may not ring for the request for at least a few days.


Willy then told me that Aila had been asleep for a very long time so he took the opportunity to tell me about school, and one of the new lessons he's doing- which involves drawing letters (and pictures) on the BIG chalkboard. So (admittedly) I prompted him, saying he could practice that at home too with the chalkboard placemats I'd gotten he and Aila for Christmas.


Two seconds later, the chalkboard was on the table. He chose red and white chalk and got to business.




























So serious at first and then when he realized I was taking photos it was straight to the Pirate Face! Silly goose!

We did manage to get one smiley one (notice I said one- Aila, not so smiley)














































And then there's Aila. In her super cute red leotard with tutu! She wore it in the Christmas recital but I was too busy to take any photos, so Kris up her in it so we could at least get a few shots (I'm asking for a redo because the lighting at night is awful).

Even in the tutu, Aila just hadn't met her girly-girl quota. She went directly for the bracelets, the purse and the necklace (some of her Christmas booty). Keeping all those bracelets on is the tricky part though. That maneuvering will come :)

She was an absolute riot that evening. She's never made me laugh as much as she did that night- prancing around (literally), making silly faces and copying as many of Willy's words as she could spit out.

Of course, this cute kid has absolutely none of my blood running through her, but Kris and I have talked a few times about just how much she can act like her Godmother-- the obsession with dress-up and all things girl. the fancy shoes. that big personality that will tell you exactly when this little girl is upset (a la "I sang now you sing!"). And now another similarity- taking off her shirt and prancing around. Mind you, I do not do this anymore, but during many a home video, I can be heard saying I am just "too HOT" and taking off my shirt to be more comfortable. Apparently Miss A feels the same way because at one random point, getting off that leotard was priority 1.









She was even asking me to take a picture and one second later she was so done with that idea and completely focused on getting that thing off!















Yep. She is ONE silly silly girl!
The flash gets the best of Willy (somehow I think he got my eyes), but Aila's big old personality comes straight through. Can't you almost hear her going "Eeeeei!!"


















Another fun Tuesday night with these silly kiddos!

No comments: