Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Sewing Lesson #2

January 27. 2011.
Sewing Lesson #2.

In my second week of sewing, I had some much appreciated company. Another newcomer to sewing, but a crafty guru like myself- my good friend Ryan.

Her first project is a giant dog bed/pillow for her beloved puppy dog to use in the back of the car when they travel to/from New York. She spent much of the night reviewing the pattern with my Mom, then finally starting to cut fabric.
Wait, did I do this right?!
Is it supposed to be STRAIGHT?
Eh screw perfection- let's go for SILLY.
Ninja Ryan!
As the night was winding to a close, I offered to have Ryan sew an edge on one of my napkins so that she could leave her first lesson being able to say "I actually sewed something tonight." Mom taught her how to thread the machine.

Putting down the foot and getting ready to start. We messed up the machine and the tension wasn't quite right but I think Ryan learned a lot. And certainly had some fun.

Mom continued work on the flannel pj pants:

She sewed the hem on the pant legs:

She even got the elastic sewn into the waistband!
GO MOM!

Oh, and I did some sewing too. 6 more napkins completed! Still a long ways to go, but I'm getting a little more confident with the machine. I had to rethread the machine quite a few times that night {great practice} and I had to thread the bobbin {great practice}.



And so the adventure continues. I have so much more to learn but I'm enjoying the process. That's the important part.

No comments: