Tuesday, November 20, 2007

warm fuzzies

Its a typical Tuesday morning. I could not get out of bed (damn Dan for getting me hooked on the Snooze button). Its cold outside, and yet despite the fancy new car, I do not seem to own a scraper (need to get on that I suppose). I went through two different outfits before I found something I knew was warm and comfortable enough for this chilly day. My hair was not in the mood to straighten, though I did finally make it bend to my will ;)

And yet for some reason, I've got a lovely, unexpected case of the warm fuzzies today. I got in my freezing cold car, instantly thankful for my heated seats which heat up oh so quickly. The radio came on to Josh Groban's "Oh Holy Night," not something I remembered enjoying, though I must have heard it a zillion times between Mom's house and car- and yet its so beautiful. I stopped for my coffee and there was almost no line. I read a new Nicholas Sparks novel Dear John on the train on the way to work and time just flew. Its almost silent here at work, my favorite time of day, and I have my date with Will this afternoon (haven't babysat him alone for the past couple weeks between Krissy's schedule and mine, so I'm looking forward to my date with my favorite little munchkin).

Life is good. I'm so happy. Despite the cold and the fact that it feels like its dark all the time, I have so much to be happy for, grateful for (timely I suppose since Thanksgiving is in 2 days). So here I sit, just for 4 or 5 minutes enjoying that.

No comments: