Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back to the Routine

Who knew I liked routine so much? After a week away, and let's face it- an incredibly hectic, busy, dramatic, overwhelming holiday season-- getting back to work on Monday just felt right. I remember thinking on Sunday night how much I was looking forward to getting coffee at Coffee Central in the morning, reading on the train, listening to Stern on the radio, babysitting Will on Tuesday. Normal, everyday things that don't always warrant much thought or credit. But these little bits make up my life and I enjoy them.

The week is flying by!

Saturday: I did laundry and ran errands during the day, then packed up and went to Dee's surprise 50th Birthday Party at the Crop Shop. We had a lot of fun chatting and cropping. I got two 2-page LOs done.

Sunday: Day 2 of Dee's crop weekend. I got Will's Halloween pictures scrapped and completed a mini-album for my Baby Chipboard class at the end of the month. I came home mid-afternoon and relaxed. I stayed up until midnight chatting with Christine online. Late night and yet amazingly I wasn't tired on Monday.

Monday: Back to work. It snowed like crazy. Stark contrast from the weather we experienced just one week ago!

Good day of catch up. Not too overwhelming. I came home and made Shepard's pie for dinner. Poor Dan is still sick as a dog and went to bed early again.

Tuesday: I babysat Will for the first time since before Christmas! I'm so glad I babysit him every week because it forces me to carve out that time to get over there and hang out with him. He's gotten so big since Christmas- he'll be 6 months old on Monday. Can't even believe that. He can sit up on his own. He got his first tooth last week and he can wave!!! Such a big kid. Seeing him sit up on his own is so cool. He was a complete show-off last night- laughing and giggling and making eyes at me. Such a charmer.

Today is Wednesday. I am teaching Creative Cafe at the Crop Shop tonight then heading home to {finally} take down the Christmas decorations.
Let the routine continue :)




No comments: